Maxx life! Explore career opportunities at TJ Maxx, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. As an Associate, you already know that TJ Maxx delivers great value on ever-changing selections of brand name and designer fashions at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices, on comparable merchandise, every day. With over 1,000 stores nationwide and an e-commerce business, it’s a great time to join the TJ Maxx team.
You can also feel good knowing that TJ Maxx is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. In addition to TJ Maxx, TJX’s retail chains include Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra Trading Post and Homesense, as well as sierratradingpost.com in the U.S.; Winners, HomeSense and Marshalls in Canada; TK Maxx in the U.K., Ireland, Germany, Poland, Austria and the Netherlands, as well as Homesense and tkmaxx.com in the U.K.; and TK Maxx in Australia. In 2016, TJX had over $33 billion in sales, more than 3,800 stores, and 235,000 Associates. As a retailer committed to growth, success is always in style at TJX!
Success is always in style at the TJX Companies! Ideal candidates will join us from all walks of life whether you are a new college graduate or transitioning from the military. You may have a more traditional background in distribution or manufacturing or your leadership skills may have been gained working in the restaurant, airline, hotel, retail or auto industries. Utilize your leadership and operational talents to be a part of a collaborative team working towards executing, delivering and achieving business goals and objectives.
After an in-depth and personalized training period, you will be involved and accountable for the following:
Essential Job Requirements:
- Collaborate across departments to ensure the highest level of customer service to internal and external partners
- Develop strong communication channels within the departments and across the operation to ensure a smooth transition from one shift to the next
- Provide continuous direction to Associates regarding proper work methods to help increase Associate performance and business productivity
- Engage, develop and motivate Associates while ensuring morale is at a high level through appropriate interventions, such as probationary reviews, performance goal setting, and frequent and candid conversations in order to drive high performing individuals and teams.
- Manage a safe workplace by advocating safety training and ensure accident preparedness is adhered to through excellent housekeeping standards.
- Inspire and foster an environment where diverse backgrounds are respected and valued
- Review and analyze KPI's (Key Performance Indicators) reports in a timely manner to ensure meaningful data is reported both internal and externally.
- In partnership with Human Resources, anticipate manpower needed to ensure workload demands are established to execute productivity
- Ensure operational productivity and effectiveness levels are set, maintained and continuously improved.
- Responsible for administration of the payroll function for Associates through the Kronos payroll system, ensuring hours are processed daily and absences are recorded accurately
What's In It For You?
- High School graduate, College Degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Distribution/Manufacturing background preferred
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with business partners, Associates, union representatives and management
- Capacity to analyze operational practices and apply to daily production requirements
- Ability to interpret and understand policies and procedures and apply them accordingly
- Proven ability to motivate teams and manage conflict by providing guidance, feedback and coaching
- Excellent computer skills, flexibility to work all shifts
- Openness to future relocation for promotional opportunities
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package.
TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: San Antonio || TX
Nearest Major Market: