Support the transactional flow of a top producing team of professionals with a very broad exposure to all commercial property types and financing structures including CMBS, Agency, Life Insurance Companies, Banks, Debt Funds, and Specialty Finance Companies. Responsible for all aspects of the transaction process, developing marketing packages, financial underwriting, facilitating the gathering, reviewing and dissemination of all relevant property and borrower specific due diligence, and tracking the loan applications through final closing.
- Assemble Information into a concise, thorough narrative description for purposes of loan request offering memorandums.
- Investigate, analyze and communicate micro and macro-level location attributes of projects under consideration.
- Review and analyze appraisal, property condition, survey, and misc. lender required third party documents
- Understand physical characteristics of properties, and the related competitive advantages and disadvantages.
- Analyze and gather market and economic information such as rental and sales comparables, vacancy rates, and expense comparables in order to complete required market and economic analysis.
- Verbally present transaction highlights to potential lenders in a concise and persuasive manner.
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field.
- 1-5 years of relevant business experience within commercial real estate or the equivalent,
- Proven strong mathematical, verbal and written communication skills and excellent planning, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Thorough understanding of real estate finance concepts such as NOI, cash on cash returns, IRR, present value, discounted cash flow, debt yield, and debt coverage.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to function under tight time frames and deliver work accurately and efficiently
- Ability to handle projects, function in a team-oriented setting as well as on own demonstrating strong initiative.
- Strong sense of personal motivation and responsibility
- Confirmed solid knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Power Point
- Eligible to manage or perform loan origination or servicing functions under Mortgage Investor or government agency guideline requirements
Equal Opportunity Employer:
- Real Estate License in state of residence
- Internship experience within the real estate industry
- Advanced level of expertise in MS Excel, Word, Power Point, and Argus.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at various stages at one time.
- Understanding of real estate documents, including purchase and sale agreements, estoppels, SNDAs, leases, ALTA Surveys.
- Experience in mortgage banking
- Knowledge of the real estate capital markets, current market dynamics, and an understanding of pros and cons associated with various capital sources
SunTrust supports a diverse workforce and is a Drug Testing and Equal Opportunity Employer. SunTrust does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, creed, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other classification protected by applicable laws.
To review the EEO Poster, copy and paste the following link into your browser: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf