Certified Nurse Assistant
The Nurse Assistant is responsible to provide direct resident care under the supervision of the Charge Nurse. The Nurse Assistant follows established facility policies and procedures while providing and coordinating resident care with other facility personnel.
- Charge Nurse
- Treatment Nurse
- Nursing Supervisor
- Director of Nursing
- High school graduate is preferred
- Ability to speak English clearly and write English legibly.
- Ability to understand and carry out directions or instructions, both written and verbal.
- Ability to record messages and keep simple records.
- Training and/or experience in basic patient care skills preferred.
- Familiarity with computers required, experience with electronic patient charting preferred.
- Good physical health with no limitations.
- Good mental health and emotional maturity.
- Ability to accept correction and close supervision.
- Acceptable personal grooming and cleanliness.
- Possession of a genuine interest and concern for geriatric and disabled persons.
- Ability to maintain an understanding and accepting attitude with patients.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant, courteous manner with patients and personnel.
- Willingness to perform a variety of simple repetitive tasks that may involve unpleasant conditions and maintain patience and tact.
- Ability to acquire knowledge of and develop skills in simple nursing procedures.
Working conditions are normal for a direct patient care environment. Work schedule will require regular weekend and/or evening rotation.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Previous experience preferable. Completion or enrollment in state-approved pre-certification training program preferable.
Any and all job-related duties and responsibilities as directed by management including:
Provides routine and basic nursing care to assigned residents based on Nurse Assistant’s qualifications and resident acuity. Assisted and supervised by a licensed nurse.
- Perform routine resident care in accordance with company nursing policies and procedures.
- Employs preventive and restorative measures.
- Ensures that adequate nutritional and fluid intake is provided. Assist the resident as needed.
- Assist in resident admission, discharge, and transfer as instructed.
- Complies with safety policies and practices.
- Uses equipment correctly and safely during the performance of direct resident care.
- Follows all infection control guidelines during the performance of resident care.
- Makes frequent observations for indications of a change of resident condition during performance or routine resident care.
Adheres to company and health care industry standards in the area of consumer service, including but not limited to:
- Reports for duty in approved uniform/appropriate dress.
- Maintains high standards of personal hygiene.
- Display courteous behavior toward consumers and coworkers.
- Follows consumer services standards for:
-Making daily contacts with residents.
-Making contact with a newly admitted resident.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Morning (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)
Nursing Clinical Setting: