Searching for a safe and supportive auto shop where you feel accomplished every day? Join a fun, diverse team of people who get excited by the idea of getting in and getting the job done.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll get lots of opportunities for career progression, as well as a wide range of financial, health and lifestyle benefits, including dental & vision insurance, paid time off, EAP and more.
JOIN OUR TEAM TODAY AND GET:
· Paid training and support for ASE certifications
· Opportunities for advancement
· Tool and resource support
· A huge range of benefits
The Senior Technician/Mechanic position requires talent and technical expertise to diagnose drivability and electrical systems, while using leadership and mentoring skills in driving a team toward increased customer care and satisfaction.
· Diagnose and repair to specifications - brake and hydraulic, exhaust, primary and/or advanced fuel ignition and electrical, suspension and alignment, air conditioning and computer systems
· Adequately explain technical diagnoses and needed repairs to non-mechanical individuals
· Stay current with rapidly changing automotive technology through continuous paid formal training
· Assist fellow technicians/mechanics in performing technical activities
· Must have a valid automobile driver's license at all times and be able to drive customer and company vehicles.
· Must have a minimum 3 years of automotive repair experience, completion of Vocational-Technical School program in a related field or demonstrated skills via third party certificates/assessment.
· A.S.E. certification in at least 3 (three) of A1-A8 is required. (New hires with external similar qualifications/certifications will have up to 2 years of employment to comply)
· Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
A couple more important points...
We accept equivalent qualifications or training certifications. New team members without A.S.E. certifications will have up to 2 years of employment to gain them with our support. A.S.E certification in at least one of A1-A8 is preferred but not required.
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It’s not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job, which will be shared when you speak with our recruiter.
We are part of Bridgestone Retail Operations (BSRO) within Bridgestone Americas and employs over 22,000 teammates in North America. BSRO operates more than 2,200 company-owned stores, including Firestone Complete Auto Care, Tires Plus and Wheel Works locations. With locations across North America and more than $3 billion in tire and auto service sales, Bridgestone Retail Operations is the right place to build a career.
Bridgestone is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to consider for employment all individuals regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Employee discount
- Paid training
- Professional development assistance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Work Location: In person