Manager, Global Marketing Support
JOIN THE TEAM THAT’S POWERING PROGRESS
Building cities. Driving commerce. Saving lives. For nearly 100 years, Allison Transmission has powered the vehicles and technology that move our world forward.
What powers us? Our employees. From the first person hired by James Allison in 1915 to the thousands across the globe who work for Allison today, we’re driving progress everywhere because we employ top talent worldwide.
This is an exciting opportunity in Indianapolis for a Manager, Global Marketing Services .
Learn more about this role and how you can begin driving your career forward!
The Manager, Global Marketing Services leads Allison marketing services across the world. This person is responsible for managing a team of people and suppliers located around the world to execute the marketing events and customer activities as defined in the Integrated Market Plan. In addition, the Manager, Global Marketing Services manages Allison brand consistency, regional marketing agencies, partner agency network, regionalization of selling tools, collateral, gratuities, coordination of PR and the associated budget. This person works closely with the Regional Sales and Marketing teams to ensure activities are completed successfully, on time and within budget.
As an integral member of the Global Marketing team, the Manager, Global Marketing Services will:
• Manage global media relations including budget management, quote review and contract approvals, press release review and approval facilitation with Indy PR, advertising review and approval, and forward planning for all agencies.
• Manage marketing services group and International Partner Agency Network to publish new press releases and perform cross regional translations and publication of existing releases
• Evaluate global marketing agencies and suppliers to ensure consistency, synergies, and effectiveness.
• Implement and enforce new brand guidelines for global marketing and sales organizations. Communicate corporate brand guidelines to global marketing employees and agencies. Work with regional marketing personnel to ensure that all media relations, marketing collateral and Allison show presence is consistent with guidelines.
• Work with assigned marketing services team member and global purchasing to evaluate new, renew or amend (for contract value) all PAN, merchandise and event management agency contracts. Create scope of work, provide recommendations for possible agencies, assist in negotiations and provide all PO detail to Purchasing for creation of actual PO/Contract including company codes, G/L accounts and cost centers as appropriate for applicable region.
• Lead marketing services team to effectively organize and execute all global shows and events including maintenance of global event calendar and contracting appropriate event management suppliers. Manage marketing services group and contracted event management agencies to execute Marketing Events.
• Ensure publication of quarterly summary of global events and global marketing newsletter before the conclusion of the month following the end of the quarter. Assist in preparation of global marketing summaries for Board of Director meetings. Support development of presentations required to support Leadership and other reviews.
• Manage global marketing services team to ensure maintenance of existing and development of new marketing services collateral and translation of materials in appropriate languages. Ensure quality and availability of these selling tools in each region
• Serve as a liaison between agencies to ensure clear focus on deliverables, understanding of responsibilities and uniform adherence to guidelines and policies.
• Write or oversee the writing of Capital projects related to Global Marketing. Provide follow up and expediting as is necessary to meet timelines and budget requirements.
• Responsible for display transmissions, displays and other marketing assets. Ensure each item is in good condition and ready for use at all times. Add new displays as we launch new products.
• Coordinate consolidation and ongoing maintenance of global marketing budgets by region. Analyze ways to maximize use of budget. Implement improvements to budget tracking. Produce quarterly reports showing status to budget both regionally and globally. Consolidate master global detail budget file and report monthly.
• Develop global marketing services team members to increase their knowledge of other areas of MSS so that they are prepared to take on increasing levels of responsibility and broaden their ability to work with other groups. Work to properly integrate each area into global marketing services team.
• Travel to regions as required to manage direct reports and support initiatives by being present as required including PAN and Global Marketing Mtgs.
• Conduct monthly Global Marketing Services calls and engage regularly with ONA employees either by phone or in person.
• Ensure PMP objectives are established and employee reviews are completed in a timely manner.
Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, Digital Media, Business Administration or related field of study or equivalent experience.
Minimum 5 years industrial, marketing or commercial experience
Self- starter and fast learner with strong ability to engage with others.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both listening and presentation.
Experience working with budgets and financial systems
Strong organizational skills and disciplined work ethic.
Willingness to travel as required to meet business objectives.
High proficiency in English (both written and oral)
Proficiency in MS Office programs
MBA will be an added advantage
Management or Supervisory experience
Experience with Marketing and Communication agencies
Knowledge of Allison products
Additional language skills
Allison Transmission is an equal opportunity employer. We have opportunities for all qualified applicants regardless of age, race, color, sex, religion, creed, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran requiring assistance and/or reasonable accommodations reviewing any of the careers information, please contact us at 317-242-5000.