Division: Building Technologies
Country Division Controller
Education Required Level:
Siemens is a global technology powerhouse that has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, reliability and internationality for more than 165 years. As a global technology company, Siemens is rigorously leveraging the advantages that this setup provides. To tap business opportunities in both new and established markets, the Company is organized in nine Divisions: Power and Gas, Wind Power and Renewables, Energy Management, Building Technologies, Mobility, Digital Factory, Process Industries and Drives, Healthcare and Financial Services.
The Siemens Building Technologies Division is the world market leader for safe, energy efficient and environmentally friendly buildings and infrastructure. As a technology partner, consultant, service provider, system integrator and product supplier, Building Technologies offers fire protection, security, building automation, heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) and energy management products and services.
For more information, please visit: http://www.siemens.com/businesses/us/en/building-technologies.htm
Intelligent Infrastructure Solutions (I2S) Business Development Manager (BDM) acts as a Zone strategy leader in all aspects of developing, selling and implementing digital building solutions. The BDM works in close collaboration with branch teams, including sale and operations managers, account executives, project engineers and project managers. He/she manages and guides all stages of the project: conceptualization, initial design, budgeting, final architecture, deployment, commissioning and service. Provides direct support in strategy development, customer engagement strategy, customer meetings and presentations. Responsible for defining scope of I2S projects. Creates and manages zone business development strategy around I2S. Tracks and reports running pipeline of opportunities in close collaboration with branch and zone management. Engages proper HQ resources as required for project development. Proactively positions Siemens Building Technologies (BT) portfolio and solutions to general contractors, consultants and end-user client. Works in close collaboration with Zone network engineers in development of converged infrastructure solutions.
The main objective of this role is to achieve Zone Solutions and Service order intake targets.
- Achieve Large Project Order Intake Target
- Responsible for achieving Zone Intelligent Infrastructure Solutions Order Intake Targets
- Migrate Existing Customer Base to Intelligent Infrastructure Solutions
- Lead Tier Construction Market Approach in each Zone utilizing Intelligent Infrastructure Solutions to differentiate Siemens in the marketplace and on target projects
- Educate Zone Sales and Operations teams to successfully sell and execute Intelligent Infrastructure Solutions
- Provide Guidance to Branch Sales Management on target project acquisition
- Provide Guidance to service sales teams on implementation of I2S within customer base
- Project pursuit management and guidance of local teams
- Conduct internal training sessions
- Conduct external training sessions for consulting engineers, general contractors, and existing customers
- Provide project specific strategic guidance and leadership
- Provide project specific presentations
- Enhance and innovate current solution set
- Provide in depth, vertical market specific, customer research back to corporate office
- Construction specification development
This position reports to the Vice President of Strategic Projects, and works with Zone Management on a dotted line basis to achieve Zone Order Intake Targets.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Required education and focus
- Engineering degree: mechanical, electrical, Information Technology preferred
- Sales Experience, Business Development Experience
- Network Design Engineering / Extra Low Voltage Systems Experience
- 8+ years relevant industry experience
- Expertise knowledge related to Building Technologies and structures
- Ability to communicate to end clients
- Required amount of travel with the position – 50-60%
- MS Office
- Advanced Presentation Skills
- Customer Relationship Management
- Undergaduate degree in Engineering or related field
- 5-10 years of sales / business development and operations experience