The selected candidate will be performing work supporting small crafts and civil engineering support equipment (CESE) for the United States Navy.
- Repairs, troubleshooting and material assessment of all CRF patrol boats equipment in accordance with OEM specifications for make and model to include but not limited to:
- Cummins Diesel Engines:
- 4021538-Operation and Maintenance Manual Recreational Marine B3.9 and B5.9 Series Engines
- 3666087-Service Manual B3.9, B4.5, B4.5 RGT, and B5.9
- 4021564-Operation and Maintenance Manual QSB5.9 Marine Engines
- 4021416-Troubleshooting and Repair Manual ISB, ISBe2, ISBe3, ISBe4, QSB4.5, QSB5.9, QSB6.7, ISC, QSC8.3, ISL, ISLe3, ISLe4, and QSL9, CM850 Electronic Control System
- 4021271-Service Manual ISBe, ISB, and QSB (Common Rail Fuel System)
- 4022081-Master Repair Manual SmartCraft™ Marine Control System * Hamilton Waterjet Model HJ292:
- Hamilton Jet Marine Propulsion Units Product Manual Model HJ292 and Product Manual Model HSRC * Hamilton Waterjet Model HM651:
- Hamilton Jet Marine Propulsion Units Product Manual * Twin Disc Marine Gear Transmission:
- Twin Disc MG5075SC Service and Installation Manual
- MTU Diesel Engine or Detroit Diesel Engine:
- MTU 16V2000 M94 Diesel Engine Technical Manual * Westerbeke 33KW EDE D-NET Generator:
- Westerbeke 33KW EDE D-NET generators * May ride ships at sea for extended periods.
- May require wearing a respirator.
- Travel may be required within and outside of the continental United States.
- Develops and uses technical documents including controlled work packages, formal work processes and procedures, test documents, reports and task or trip reports.
- Schedules, reports and briefs customers and senior management.
- May perform quality inspections on finished product.
- Performs duties outside of specialty in order to complete installation or work assignment.
- Master understanding of production and processes.
- Responsible for interfacing with customers, managing subcontractors and ability to provide work direction to others.
- May manage one or more multiple jobs.
- Possess an active Secret Security Clearance
- Be able to meet overseas medical deployment qualifications.
- Complete comprehension of specialty trades functions and tools. Performs a variety of complicated and non-routine tasks.
- Must be able to lift, carry and transport heavy equipment and boxes. The exact weight requirements will be determined by the specific job, but no less than 30 lbs.
- Able to work on and climb ladders, work in extreme temperature environments, aboard ships, in shipyards, under industrial conditions and in confined spaces.
- Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent vocational degree or general educational diploma.
- Minimum of 3 years’ general experience in their respective trade.
- At least 2 consecutive years of experience repairing and troubleshooting the aforementioned CRF patrol boats.
- Have moderate understanding of technical requirements.
- Ability to identify technical problems and solutions.
- Graduate of CUMMINS Insite Familiarization course and hold an Insite Qualification & Tier 3 QSB/QSC Engine Qualifications
- Graduate of MTU CM Level II & III diesel engine or Detroit Diesel Engine Certification course.
- Certified as a Diesel Engine Inspector (DEI) with Navy NEC code 4314. Certificate of completion from the Navy’s Diesel Engine Inspector course listed in CeTARS CANTRAC Volume II, Course# A-652-0311.
- Certified to work on Mercury Outboard Systems to include Optimax and Verado outboard engines and have completed Intro to CDS and Verado/Optimax I & II qualifications.
D9Tech Resources, LLC is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, disability, age, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 to $31.00 /hour
- general trade: 3 years (Preferred)
- repairing and troubleshooting boats: 2 years (Preferred)
- Imperial Beach, CA (Preferred)
- Graduate of CUMMINS Insite Familiarization Course (Preferred)
- Insite Qualification & Tier 3 QSB/QSC Engine Qualifications (Preferred)
- Certified to work on Mercury Outboard Systems (Preferred)
- Secret Security Clearance (Required)
- Detroit Diesel Engine Certification (Preferred)
- Certified Diesel Engine Inspector with Navy NEC code 4314 (Preferred)
- Graduate of MTU CM Level II & III Diesel Engine (Preferred)