AV-rated plaintiffs’ Workers’ Compensation and Personal Injury practice in Savannah, GA is searching for an experienced & self-motivated Paralegal to ensure timely & effective case management. You will provide a broad spectrum of legal services under the supervision of the associate attorneys.
- Provide administrative support to the associate attorneys and enhance office effectiveness
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Administratively support and attend trials
- Prepare case briefs and summarize depositions, interrogatories and testimony
- Conduct investigations and statistical/documentary research
- Locate and develop case relevant information
- Prepare & file basic legal documents and correspondence
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain contact lists
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars
- Prepare billing & settlement documents
- Proven 2+ year minimum experience as Paralegal supporting PI/WC attorney
- Familiarity with State & Federal laws, legal procedures, protocols, and court systems
- Knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Computer literacy
- Proficiency in English
- Working knowledge of case management software (Juris & Time Matters)
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure
- Paralegal certification or diploma
- Must be punctual, professional, energetic and a problem solver
Candidates must complete a background and reference check and pass a drug screen. Salary is commensurate with experience. Health insurance and benefits are available.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, political affiliation, personal appearance, family responsibilities, matriculation or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
- Legal Assistant: 3 years (Required)