Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation's most important work. We're a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation's most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta's talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let's make an impact together.
Perspecta has an immediate/upcoming need for a Network Operations Administrator in Washington, DC
Perspecta is currently conducting interviews to make contingent offers for an exciting potential new customer, the Department of Labor (DOL). Candidates with current public trust clearances, and all other qualified personnel are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration. Per the client all employees working under this task order shall be United States Citizens or legal permanent residents (i.e. "Green Card Holders").
Under general direction, designs, constructs, tests, implements, and optimizes portions of basic infrastructure systems that enable and support business and engineering/manufacturing functions. Researches technical environment and infrastructure needs. Defines scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned basic projects. Collects detailed user and technical requirements. Works with others to analyze collected requirements, translate into infrastructure solutions, and to ensure that identified solutions meet customer needs and expectations. Learning to design, construct, test, and implement basic integrated network, hardware and software solutions, distributed computing solutions, and physical and logical communications networks for the customer and Perspecta. Monitors performance to identify and help resolve system infrastructure problems. Investigates and resolves problems on selected software products and standard systems. Learning to apply appropriate tools to analyze, identify, and resolve technical problems. Participates in standard infrastructure solution implementations, upgrades, enhancements, and conversions. Maintains security, integrity, and business continuity controls and documents. Gaining knowledge on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's Degree with 2 years experience OR Associate's Degree with 4 years experience OR 6 years minimum experience
CompTIA A Certification a plus
CompTIA Network Certification a plus
CompTIA Security Certification a plus
Cisco CCNA Certification a plus
Cisco CCNP Certification a plus
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) a plus
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) a plus
VMware Certified Professional (VCP) a plus
Experience working with Government agencies a plus
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field is a plus
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Experience working in a NOC to manage and monitor visibility into network and infrastructure components and provide status.
- Able to manage, control and monitor the network and infrastructure with the overall function of maintaining optimal network and system operations.
- Able to support 24x7 real time monitoring of WAN and internet access across multiple geographical sites with trusted Internet Connection (TIC) gateways, with immediate reporting and remediation upon discovery of issues to include both performance and utilization data
- Able to support 24x7 real-time monitoring of infrastructure components including servers, storage, peripherals, systems, and applications. Monitoring includes providing alerts, notifications, and escalation of service degradation.
- Able to support 24x7 remote monitoring of multiple LANs, troubleshooting LAN hardware and software and providing remote on-site operations and maintenance support on an as-needed basis
- Experience working to ensure 99.9% systems availability and appropriate coverage as defined.