The position will provide analytical support to the Knowledge and Financial Management Unit (KFMU) within the Minnesota Multistate Contracting Alliance for Pharmacy (MMCAP). Job duties include:
- Conduct ongoing studies and data analysis to ensure MMCAP’s administrative fees are collected, validated and are appropriately entered into the MMCAP Accounting Software.
- Investigate and resolve variances that are identified as unacceptable by applying knowledge of various contracts and exclusions.
- Document and report study findings.
- Revise existing and develop and recommend new work methods while analyzing and recording complex discrepancies.
- Provide reporting expertise to MMCAP.
- Serve as MMCAP point of contact for all IT issues including troubleshooting, entering, monitoring, and resolving all MN.IT tickets.
- Serve as MMCAP point of contact for its new website development and maintenance using Tridion-based technology.
- Two years of professional experience in process development and improvement, workflow, data systems, data and information management, or data research and analysis. A Bachelor's degree in a related field may substitute for one year of experience.
- Strong research and analytical skills in order to research and validate complex administrative fees.
- Strong communication skills (writing and oral) to deliver complete and accurate documentation and make presentations of the data analysis and project findings.
- Strong computing skills in a PC environment (MS Office, etc.).
- Intermediate to expert Microsoft Excel skills.
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills and analyze complex information and issues sufficient to identify and recommend solutions.
- Ability to prepare complete, comprehensive reports.
- Familiarity with PC troubleshooting techniques with the ability to quickly learn IT/PC terminology.
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks and timelines.
- Effective human relations skills to provide customer support to an array of MMCAP stakeholders.
- Ability to understand priorities and work independently, yet follow instructions as needed.
- Basic accounting knowledge and experience.
- Experience with technical troubleshooting within an enterprise environment, including system crashes, slow-downs and training.
- Experience doing data analysis for pharmaceutical or health industries.
- Ability to quickly learn various MMCAP programs such as pharmaceutical, condom, dental, drug testing, flu, medical supplies, etc. in order to understand the terminology of products, NDC and number coding system, sizes and measurements of pharmaceutical and non-pharmaceutical product lines.
- Experience working with content management systems.
- Experience with the state’s procurement processes and systems.
This position requires successful completion of the following: It is the policy of Department of Administration that all candidates submit a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
SEMA4 Records Check
Criminal History Check
Employment Reference Check
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
This position is located in Minnesota's great capital city, Saint Paul. The State of Minnesota offers employees a subsidy for public transportation allowing for convenient and easy access to commute to work. Ride the new METRO "Green Line" Light Rail Train to work! The Robert Street Station is located close by.
How to Apply
Click “Apply” at the bottom of this page. If you are unable to apply online, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637.
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers.
If you have questions about the position, contact Nella Austin at email@example.com or 651.201.8005.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651.259.3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate what assistance you need.