SCHOOL BOARD OF SAINT LUCIE COUNTY
Teacher - Steam Advocate English 6-12 - Ft. Pierce Westwood High School
Work Year 11 months Salary
STEAM Advocate School-based Grant Funded
To serve as a Magnet School Classroom Teacher and a STEAM Advocate for the Magnet Schools Assistance Program. The STEAM Advocate will help to inform and coordinate professional development needs for the magnet schools in order to meet project goals. The Advocates form a team of classroom teachers working together across the three schools (CAST, Samuel Gaines Academy K8 School, and Fort Pierce Westwood High School).
1. Bachelor’s degree or higher and teaching certification for assigned classroom position.
2. Three years of successful teaching experience.
3. Demonstrated ability to work with students and adults.
4. Strong instructional skills and a diversified knowledge of instructional technology or desire to learn.
5. Interpersonal and leadership skills for working effectively with teachers and administrators.
6. Ability to perform the functions of the position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Meet all requirements and perform all duties on the classroom teacher job description appropriate for their teaching assignment.
2. Works with the principals, assistant principals, and the Magnet School Coordinator to develop daily practices, activities, and an implementation plan to meet grant goals.
3. To facilitate professional development and model best practices.
4. Serve on a district team with Advocates from each of the three Magnet Schools and the District Professional Development Team to develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive Professional Development Plan.
5. To help ensure that innovative educational practices are applied with fidelity across the three magnet school sites
6. To remain current in all aspects of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Math (STEAM) educational practices.
7. Participate in workshops, seminars, conferences and/or advanced coursework which further advance knowledge of current trends in effective instructional practices.
8. To provide evidence of progress toward grant goals for reporting purposes.
9. To perform assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
10. To perform assigned tasks with a high standard of quality.
11. To perform other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Physical Demand Class: Light-Medium (LM) - Frequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing 20 pounds or less. Infrequent lifting and carrying of objects weighing 21-50 pounds. Frequent walking and/or standing is required to carry out duties.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $41,536.00 /year