As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
Responsible for organizing and operating the office systems related to appointment scheduling, patient intake including data verification, charge entry and cash collection, statistical tracking office communications, word processing and filing of patient records.
1. Receive patients in a professional and caring manner.
2. Gather and update information regarding demographics and insurance in a respectful and confidential fashion.
3. Schedule and confirm appointments.
4. Obtain authorization and pre-certification.
5. Document and follow up on referrals.
6. Document and follow up on no-shows and cancelations.
7. Answer telephone using proper phone etiquette and direct calls accordingly.
8. Maintain content and organization of medical records.
9. Register patients, collect payments from patients, post charges according to procedures, provide receipts and appropriately document all financial transactions. This includes cash reconciliation and bank deposit preparation.
10. Order clerical and clinical supplies and maintain records.
11. Monitor waiting rooms and keep patients informed as to schedule delays.
12. Advise families regarding obtaining Medicaid coverage and/or Nemours Financial Assistance for their children.
13. Assist with arrangements for transportation
14. Assist with patient flow.
15. Prepare office communications
16. Participate in quality improvement activities
17. Filing of patient charts, correspondence and related documentation scan documents into EPIC.
18. Maintain inventory of supplies and forms
19. Open and sort mail, lab reports and consultation reports. Stamp “received” and distribute for Provider review.
1. Accepts feedback
2. Asks questions for clarification
3. Gives accurate information
4. Makes suggestions for improvements
5. Is willing to accept change
6. Works as a team member
7. Uses listening skills
8. Manages resources prudently
9. Takes direction
10. Thinks pro-actively
11. Establishes positive rapport with patients and families, uses AIDET
12. Reports to duty promptly and utilizes time effectively to provide clerical support
13. Utilizes sick and vacation days appropriately
14. Participated in conferences/in-services
15. Attends staff meetings
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Computer/typing skills required
- Clerical experience in a physician’s office preferred.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.