Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more
than 500 ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice
providers, our network is the region’s most complete,
with connections to leading hospitals and a wide
spectrum of health services. ProMedica Physicians have
locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan,
all working together with a single mission:
of our communities.
The Medical Assistant role encompasses many different
parts including patient/family education, clerical
tasks, ordering of tests, responding to the needs of
patients by phone, triage calls, scheduling follow-up
appointments if necessary and responds to any issues
that the patient may have prior to leaving the practice
to ensure a positive experience of patient satisfaction,
and assisting the clinical staff and/or providers on any
given day. This role is a valuable asset to a provider
and a vital part of the healthcare team. This position
is ideal for candidates that can multitask, work under
pressure, have organizational and communication skills
either written or oral, and interpersonal skills.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist provider with patient care
- Patient/Family education.
- Ordering RX and testing procedures as directed by
- May assume responsibilities of determining and
responding to the needs of patients and visitors
when they contact the practice either by phone or in
- May be required to fill in for Checkout/in clerk if
- Answers and/or triage patient calls.
- Coordinates scheduling of patients appointments.
- Assist clinical staff and/or providers as required.
- Completion of a Medical Assistant program through an
accredited college or university
- Experience in private practice or clinic setting.
CMA or RMA is preferred
- Must be able to obtain CMA or RMA and/or must be
- Must be able to perform clerical functions as a
Checkout/in Clerk and also clinical duties as needed
- Excellent Customer Service skill is required
- Electronic Medical Records experience preferred
- Must demonstrate strong commitment towards achieving
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, national
origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age,
disability, military or veteran status, height, weight,
familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace