Exxel Pacific is seeking individuals who above all else desire joining, and being a key member of, an industry leading and dynamic company that is genuinely focused on its family of employees who, through working collaboratively together, create a thriving TEAM oriented culture.
As a member of the Exxel TEAM in the Greater Seattle area, the Project Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of one or more construction projects from pre-construction and project set-up to closeout and delivers projects successfully to completion. Works directly with management team to create the best overall customer service possible. Responsibilities include working closely with company management, overseeing the on-site project team, accountable for the project budget and job cost, subcontractors and subcontracts, and maintaining strong relationships with the Client and other project consultants and team members.
- Capable of being involved in every phase of the project including pre-construction, start-up, and close-out.
- Participate in redline review of construction documents including architectural and structural coordination.
- Request, review and track value engineering.
- Assists with estimate preparation: Send out RFP's, compile and review sub bids, write and/or review bid summaries, prepare project budget
- Assist with assembly of the Owner Contract and create contract exhibits.
- Review and manage project schedule with project Superintendent.
- Project subcontractor and supplier buy-out based on schedule and/or design priorities.
- Set-up project job cost phase codes, owner billing Schedule of Values (SOV) and related paperwork for computer entry.
- Complete monthly job cost/profitability projections.
- Oversight of the Project Engineers (PE) duties including submittal processing, RFI and COR preparation.
- Prepare and/or review Change Order Requests (COR) prior to submittal to the Owner.
- Negotiate and write subcontractor change orders.
- Prepare, in conjunction with accounting, monthly applications for payment to the Owner.
- Reviews subcontractor invoices and billings for approval.
- Conduct weekly Owner, Architect, Contractor (OAC) meetings, site staff meetings and Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Fire Sprinkler (MEPF) design and coordination meetings.
- Resolve issues with subcontractors and suppliers not handled in the field.
- Monitor, with Superintendent, project staffing and labor needs during the job progress.
- Assist the project team as needed to achieve timely project closeout and turnover while meeting quality expectations.
- Strong communicator with Exxel management and project team.
- Communicates and works closely with safety and quality control team to ensure full compliance on the job site.
- Degree in Construction Management or affiliated degree such as Architecture or Engineering with 3-5 years of Project Management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess strong knowledge base in all divisions of commercial and mixed-use building project components including civil/site-work, foundation and structural systems, interior finishes, exterior wall systems, mechanical and electrical systems.
- Possess strong knowledge of Owner contracts, subcontracts, billing process, scheduling, and estimating and ability to effectively create and manage these documents.
- Strong computer skills including the ability to use estimating software, On-Screen Takeoff (OST), Bluebeam/PDF, spread sheets, online plan rooms and company communication tools, such as email, internet, as well as working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and computer based scheduling software. Experience with Viewpoint is highly beneficial.
Exxel Pacific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.
Job Type: Full-time