JOB SUMMARY: The Executive Director has the responsibility to lead and manage the relational services team. Assures management of the diverse resources by working with Mission Affirmation and PHJC ministries to nurture strategies and activities. Provides effective coordination with other Executive leaders and support of the various ministries within and outside of The Center at Donaldson. The Executive Director ensures the vision and mission of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ and identifies and presents goals and objectives of the ADS Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for managing historical and future obligations/liabilities and transaction relationships. Ensures the cost-effective delivery of services and operations within the framework of the mission, vision, and values of PHJC Ministries. Responsible for ministry-wide strategic planning and directing of (including, but not limited to) administration of staff and departments assigned.
STAFF SUPERVISED: Communications, Marketing, Lindenwood Retreat and Conference Center, MoonTree Studios.
This position is directly responsible to the ADS, Inc. Board of Directors. The Executive Director submits reports and meets with the ADS, Inc. Board on a quarterly schedule. An overview of responsibilities is as follows:
- Brings a creative vision for the future.
- Has an understanding and commitment to the philosophy and mission of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ. Embraces and incorporates the mission, vision, values, operating principles, and code of conduct in leadership behavior. Develops and integrates core ministry values for the ministries based on its mission and philosophy, which fosters an accountable business culture in practice and decision making.
- Implements the Provincial Leadership directives affecting ministries and related services and keep the ADS Board informed of the activities on a quarterly basis.
- Works closely with Ministries, leaders, and staff to achieve its goals and objectives, and to evaluate its continuing effectiveness within the framework of the vision and mission statements and the strategic support and financial plans.
- Adheres to policies and directives including Executive, Financial and Governance.
- Assures that effective management and financial structures and administrative systems are in place and followed.
- Ensures ongoing communication and cooperation within and throughout The Center at Donaldson and all PHJC ministries.
- Responsible for managing and oversight of all activities for, and the maintenance of, effective relationships with Communications, Marketing, Lindenwood Retreat and Conference Center and MoonTree Studios.
- Responsible for administrative and consultative services with representatives from CKLC, Ancilla College and PHJC Sisters.
- Coordinates with executive team through weekly meetings to assist and ensure that objectives are being met.
- Promotes communication and collaboration among the offices of TCAD and directs collaboration on shared projects within the ministries.
- Addresses issues relating to effective management, goal setting, and communication with assigned team.
- Provides education in improved business practices, problem solving, and communications to all leaders within the operations.
- Promotes, participates, leads, or represents external programs, networking, and collaborative efforts.
- Operates within established prudent, legal, and ethical boundaries.
- Ensures the development of practices and policies that embody human dignity, protect human rights, and promote human development.
- Meets regularly with Mission Affirmation as directions are set.
- Arranges for contracts with outside agencies for services needed or requested from ADS, Inc. Board.
- Assures all contracts are given to ADS, Inc. Board for review and signature.
- Executive Director may not cause or allow the development of fiscal jeopardy or loss of allocation integrity as it relates to organizations financial health.
- Works collaboratively with Executive team members on all projects related to The Center at Donaldson.
- Effectively communicates with Executive team members and ADS, Inc. Board in effective and professional manner.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with Executive team members.
- Collaborates with Treasurer and ADS, Inc. Board on projects, strategic planning and budgeting decisions.
- Master’s degree preferred in Business or related field.
- At least 10 years of executive leadership and experience in a business setting.
- Experience in implementing effective programs in cost containment and productivity improvement.
- Knowledge of various administrative and legal guidelines.
- Interpersonal and analytical skills necessary to apply knowledge and experience to various settings.
- Able to adapt to and lead a team through changing environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of groups and teams.
- Ability to make continuous independent judgments.
- Must possess excellent reasoning skills.
- Personality and management style that will bring enthusiasm, high energy, and a commitment to excellence to the organization.
- Background, experiences, and values that are consistent with the mission and values of the Poor Handmaids of Jesus Christ.
- Promotes a collaborative management style.
- Position requires continuous sitting as well as occasional standing, walking, bending, reaching, pushing/pulling
- Occasional pushing/pulling and/or lifting up to 30 pounds. Occasional overhead lifting
- Position requires good visual acuity
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 10 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave