Los Gatos, California
Are you an impact driven privacy professional looking for an opportunity join a newly formed and exciting team? This might be the right role for you!
The Privacy Assurance and Engineering team focuses on proliferating Netflix’s privacy values and practices throughout Netflix’s systems and technical infrastructure to protect our customers, studio, and employee data. To accomplish this, we collaborate with key partners - including Legal Privacy, Data Engineering, and Product - to set strategic direction for privacy, execute on such vision, and provide assurance that our solutions are operating effectively.
As we continue to expand and grow, data privacy becomes even more vital, and we are looking for an experienced and motivated Technical Program Manager to help manage our privacy engineering and assurance efforts.
This is a great opportunity to be on the leading edge of cloud security and privacy and simultaneously gain intimate knowledge of Netflix products and services. You must be a quick learner and have strong technical, project management, and communication skills.
We need you to . . .
- Be a key technical leader for data privacy matters across Netflix.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to understand priorities and needs.
- Manage multiple projects involving cross-functional stakeholders, driving and and tracking decision-making and deliverables.
- Serve as a privacy engineering subject matter expert for product designs, decisions, and implementations.
- Demonstrate technical expertise in back-end data collection, sharing and utilization.
- Build architecture diagrams that explain how our tools interact with data so as to bring clarity and drive decisions.
- Communicate your accumulated insight clearly and concisely in writing to a diverse set of audience with varying technical background.
- Collaborate and build relationships both internally and externally. Leverage your external relationships to obtain benchmarking and maintain knowledge of industry best practices.
- Possess strong analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Be excited by Netflix's culture, and contributing to and growing it.
- You have a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional efforts
- You listen to customers, and communicate effectively
- You are curious about the efforts you lead and will grow expertise about them
- You are comfortable leading initiatives and presenting to large groups
- You have a passion for staying up to date with technology
- You have a "Fail Fast" mentality
Education and Other Qualifications:
- General knowledge of security and privacy issues relevant to international consumer web services and e-commerce
- An understanding of the challenges and advantages unique to security and privacy in the public cloud
- Extensive knowledge and experience with various security and privacy-related compliance regimes/regulations/standards (e.g. VPPA, COPPA, GDPR)
- Familiarity with the purpose, design, and implementation of various control frameworks (e.g. ISO, COBIT)
- BS/MS in computer science, engineering, or information technology (or equivalent)
- Security and/or privacy-related certifications such as CISA, CISM, CIPP
- Project/program management certifications such as PMP