Taylor College, located in Belleview Florida, is currently accepting resumes for full-time Simulation Nursing (PN/RN) Instructor. Candidates must have a current Florida RN license and have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing. Major responsibilities of faculty include teaching, tutoring, and professional development.
Major Responsibilities are:
- Collaborating with TC team and other faculty to develop simulation scenarios that promote student learning, professional development, critical thinking, and clinical decision making skills.
- Facilitating patient scenarios and debriefing in all nursing courses (Fundamentals, Pediatrics, Maternal Child, Mental Health, Medical Surgical, Management).
- Facilitating the adult learning process to create a safe non-threatening climate, which supports learning across the nursing curriculum.
- Serve as a professional role model for students in communication, problem-solving, patient care delivery, and patient advocacy to facilitate student’s socialization into the profession.
- Incorporating INACSL’s Standards of Best Practice in Simulation and NCSBN’s Simulation Guidelines for Prelicensure Nursing Education Programs.
- Technical programming of simulators, patient care equipment (ex. infusion pumps, cardiac monitoring and defibrillators) and development of patient electronic healthcare record.
- Set-up and tear down of patient scenarios, including moulage and lifting of mannequins.
- Must hold an active, unencumbered RN License in the State of Florida
- Must have a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- A Master’s in Nursing preferred
- A Master’s Degree in a related field may be accepted depending on the areas of teaching responsibilities.
- Minimum of 2-3 years years of clinical experience and 1 year of teaching experience.
- Teaching experience in a clinical setting may be accepted in lieu of teaching experience in an academic setting.
Job Type: Full-time
Minimum Nursing Degree required:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)