Serve as a resource for the department on service contracting issues, quotes and promotions. Coordinate request for proposals (RFP) and bids and implement Service Contracts. Provide quality support to internal and external customers. Interface with customers to ensure customer and business requirements are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Drafts contract quotes.
- Draft promotion quotes
- Research appropriate contact information to ensure contract quotes are getting to the correct customer contacts
- Respond to customer inquiries regarding service contract status
- Send follow ups to customers in need of service renewal
- Negotiates service contracts.
- Collaborates with Management to ensure that contracts and response to bid solicitations meet each department’s minimum requirement, audit requirements and appropriately protects Gen-Probe/Hologic and its intellectual property.
- Reviews, researches, and recommends to Supervisor the approval/denial of contract exceptions requested by Customer and Field Sales with the goal of creating a win/win environment for Customer and Gen-Probe
- Ensures that all contract documentation is filed appropriately
- Reports to Supervisor the day-to-day activities regarding contract implementation, contract compliance, bids, renewals, state registrations and other daily activities, as required.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In order to be considered for this internship you must:
- Be enrolled as a Rising Junior/Senior
- Majoring in: Business, or similar field
- Have a 3.2/4.0 GPA
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of a commercial business structure
- Microsoft Office Suite: PowerPoint, Excel, Word
Must follow all applicable FDA regulations and ISO requirements.
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines
- Computer proficiency in general office software, Excel, Word and Power Point required.
- Proven planning skills and attention to details
Overachiever with excellent interpersonal skills to promote team environment
Hologic is an equal opportunity employer inclusive of female, minority, disabled and veterans, (F/M/D/V)