This position is for current graduate students who anticipate completing a master’s degree in the spring of 2019.Completion of the graduate degree is required prior to beginning employment.
UNC Health Care is seeking exceptional candidates to join our Strategic Planning group to guide the vision and strategic direction of the organization.This is a unique opportunity for a mission-driven individual to join a dynamic, collaborative, and fast-paced team environment as a Strategy Consultant.For this role, we are looking for candidates who are passionate about shaping the future of a leading academic health system.You will bring creative and forward-thinking solutions to tackle today's most pressing health care issues, and partner with thought leaders across the organization to develop strategies that prepare us to be successful in the future.
The Strategic Planning department acts as an internal consulting group focused on developing growth-oriented strategies across UNC Health Care.This includes working with system C-suite leaders, network hospitals and specific service lines, developing value-oriented strategies to guide transformative population health initiatives, and exploring business development opportunities with new potential partners.Our department’s mission is to provide valued strategic insights, trusted advice, and skill execution that elevate UNC Health Care's impact in North Carolina and position it as the nation's leading academic health care system.In our pursuit of this mission, we believe in embodying the values of innovation, professionalism, diversity, and collegiality.
The Strategy Consultant plays a key role in supporting these activities. This position will often interact with system leaders at all levels of the organization and may serve as a strategy liaison to clinical leadership, hospital executives, and others.Strategy Consultants will also support project teams through project management, client engagement, meeting facilitation, and both quantitative and qualitative analysis on challenging projects such as:
Sample job duties include:
- Strategic planning for the UNC Health Care system and strategically important regions across the state
- Strategic planning for network hospitals and UNC SOM clinical departments
- Service line strategies, including analysis of performance, evaluation of competitive position, and development of strategic options for growth and geographic expansion
- Evaluate strategies and initiatives required to succeed in a value-based / fee-for-value world
- Business case development and financial modeling for strategic planning efforts or business development opportunities, such as ambulatory expansion, new facility construction, program development, and M&A
- Evaluate strategic opportunities.Perform analytics, provide business insight into implications of findings, develop business plans, and serve as a champion for recommended opportunities.
- Create analytics for strategic planning processes including evaluating environmental trends, assessing core capabilities, competitor profiling, and completing gap analyses. Synthesize findings to articulate important business insights and recommendations.
- Support identification of strategic objectives and initiatives. Support development of project plans, and help set priorities for working teams.Keep projects focused and on track.Plan and facilitate meetings.
Desired skills include excellent critical thinking, problem solving, relationship building, presentation and communication skills, and the ability to function with limited guidance and be comfortable supporting projects both alone and in teams.The ideal candidate will have strong financial, project management, and change management skills, be analytically oriented, and be capable of translating analysis into storylines and narratives.This individual should be comfortable working both individually and collaboratively with teams to meet project deadlines and support strategic planning processes.Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills are required.