- A Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience
- Exceptional analytical skills, comfortable working with large amounts of data and communicating data findings, experience establishing and tracking key performance metrics including return on investment
- Have a rigorous approach to problem solving and analytics, as well as produce, interpret, and draw conclusions from data
- 5+ years’ experience in operations, program management, supply chain management, consulting or high volume workforce management
- 5+ years of experience in a customer oriented environment, such as operations, administrative support, customer service, retail, hospitality, staffing, recruiting, human resources or other related
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven leaders. If you would like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
In this multi-purpose leadership role; the ideal candidate will possess both an optimization background that enables him/her to manage quantitative planning and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about customer service initiatives. He/she will experience a wide range of problem solving situations, strategic to real-time, requiring extensive use of data collection and analysis. Amazon’s Workforce Staffing (WFS) team is looking for a Labor Analyst to join the WFS Management team. As a Labor Analyst in WFS Management team, you should be an expert in the architecture of Data Warehouse solutions for the Enterprise using multiple platforms. You should excel in the design, creation, management, and business use of large and complex datasets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business analysts and engineers to determine how best to design the data warehouse for reporting and analytics. In this multi-purpose leadership role; you will assist in the planning, directing and leading all phases of vendor relationship/partnership; providing consultative approach to recruiting; ensuring strategies are executed; and deploy and manage WFS processes to our external staffing partner. Successful candidates will be a strategic and analytical thinker who can see around corners and demonstrate a passion for process improvement, candidate experience and onboarding process improvement. Our WFS and Staffing Partners work flexible schedules, shifts, and areas to include evenings and weekends. We roll up our sleeves, work hard, have fun and make history!
- Innovative and creative in finding solutions/ designing improved methods, systems and processes.
- Attention to detail and high capability for data mining and analytical work.
- Manages the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of Workforce Staffing performance via Key Performance Indicators
- Evolves and implements labor acquisition strategies inclusive of employee class recommendations, labor pool utilization, talent pool conversion and other channel resources across different Amazon businesses
- Partners with local Site Leadership teams to include but not limited to Operations, Finance, Human Resources, and associated workflow teams to optimize labor requirements
- Develops and maintains relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to build long term partnerships
- Evolves and implements strategies based off consistently changing needs of the business by tracking hiring event schedules and forecasted attendance rates
- Leads and drives projects, of increasing scale and complexity, and manages programs through completion
- High level of computer literacy with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical, investigative and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people at all levels in the organization, often in virtual teams spread across multiple time zones.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills with the ability to deal with multiple demands on time.
- Designing, implementing and supporting a platform that can provide ad-hoc access to large data-sets
- Modeling data and metadata to support ad-hoc and pre-built reporting
- Experience managing and prioritizing business types and locations, projects and relationships
- Local travel up 50% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, Math, Finance, or related discipline
- 3+ years of relevant experience in a labor analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
- 3+ years of professional experience working with large data sets and writing complex SQL queries to pull data
- 3+ years’ Experience with Excel spreadsheets and data analysis
- Proven experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools, IE QuickSites
- Demonstrated ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
- Superior verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with multiple teams and external organizations
- 3 + years of experience in contingent workforce programs or Agency/Vendor management
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems or other tracking and reporting systems like Salesforce
- Strong project management experience; evidence of running complex programs
- Superior communication skills, including the proven ability to effectively manage, influence, negotiate and communicate with external business partners and internal teams
- Ability to work successfully in a dynamic, ambiguous environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.