Are you looking for a fulfilling new career path? Would you like to work for one of the largest Christian organizations in the world that is “doing the most good?” This opportunity might be just what you are looking for! The Salvation Army Southern Territory is seeking an experienced Divisional Director of Planned Giving professional to lead, manage, cultivate, solicit and steward planned gifts for the Arkansas and Oklahoma area.
The Salvation Army operates in communities across the United States. We are committed to meeting human needs wherever we can by providing food distribution, disaster relief, rehabilitation centers, anti-human trafficking efforts, housing for homeless, children’s programs and many other programs.
The Director of Gift Planning (Legacy and Estate Planning) position will be responsible for engaging The Salvation Army’s donors in planned and deferred gifts, with responsibility for identifying prospects, designing and implementing gift planned strategy, providing guidance in gift structures that achieve donor’s goals and stewardship of donors with deferred gift commitments, and lead the marketing program for the gift planning team. The Director will manage a small portfolio of donors and lead the gift planning team (2 associate planned giving directors around the state – Arkansas/Oklahoma) while providing gift planning expertise for the team. Travel often throughout the Arkansas and Oklahoma area.
This position also:
- Plans, develops, coordinates, administers and supervises all phases of a Planned Giving Program for an assigned Division.
- Leads and supervises two Associate Planned Giving Directors and support staff with the responsibilities of soliciting and securing planned gifts throughout division; instructs and trains staff on the proper methods and procedures; monitors work for compliance, coaches and trains staff.
- Reviews, accepts, and submits all gifts and agreements from directors (wills, trusts, annuities, pooled income funds as well as outright gifts of stocks and property).
- All types of weekly, monthly quarterly reports
- Donor development and relationship responsibilities
We are looking for candidates with a proven track record of success and the following skills and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in planned giving fundraising. Advanced planned giving experience preferred AND 3 years successful management experience
- Proven track record of planned giving achievement
- Knowledge of best practices in planned giving including all relevant rules, regulations, and programs/policies for meeting compliance with a variety of planned giving vehicles.
- Affinity for the mission of a worthwhile Christian cause
- Bachelors’ Degree from a four-year accredited college or university
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to employees and their families. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, automobile, gas card, cell phone, home office set up including a lap top computer, reimbursed travel expenses, full health coverage, retirement, professional development, and paid time off!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Bona-fide Occupational Qualification (BFOQ):
This position requires an active Christian faith in harmony with Salvation Army doctrine and practice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Work from home