MICRO CENTER is the nation’s leading computer and electronic device big box retailer! Our technology super store has an industry-leading 40,000+ selection of premier computer products and the most knowledgeable staff in the business. Micro Center has been ranked by one of the leading consumer advocacy magazines as a top walk-in store to purchase a PC based on merchandise selection, service and pricing. Work with us and help us on our mission to be the best computer and electronic device store in the world!
We are seeking an Assistant Store Manager
- Computer Services
with high-volume experience to directly manage and ensure the overall success of all associates and activities of the Service and Tech Support Departments of our big box computer retail store.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Maintain orderly operation and safety of all areas of responsibility; ensure that service policies and procedures are being properly carried out at the store level
- Consistently achieve customer satisfaction, sales, productivity, payroll and expense goals of the service repair shop
- Maintain fiscal and operational controls including planning and managing departmental budget (Service Department P&L)
- Through Service Department leadership, ensure all customer and/or computer issues are resolved in a timely manner and in alignment with company policy
- Ensure customers are served promptly and courteously and that customer satisfaction standards are met
- Work effectively through associates to achieve desired results regarding customer satisfaction, sales, productivity and technical solutions
- Ensure associates maintain appropriate technical certifications (CompTIA A+ and Apple Certification) to enable proper service of products
- Participate in and lead open and close procedures, to include freight flow and merchandise processing as well as tracking of company assets through inventory control
- Serve as manager-in-charge during absence of General Manager or other store managers
- Ensure the execution of ad set and visual merchandising standards
- Manage staffing, orientation and training to ensure competent and certified associates are hired, trained and scheduled to properly service our customers
- Develop and coach associates in the areas of customer satisfaction, product knowledge, solution selling and standard operating procedures; ensure goals and results are communicated
- Ensure human resource issues are handled in accordance with guidelines; partner with Regional HR Manager and Store Manager when needed
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned
OUR GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES:
- Two or more years of experience with a major big box retailer in a high-volume, 30,000+ square-foot store, preferably in a productivity-based computer or technology service and repair environment
- Previous experience in all aspects of retail management: driving sales, merchandising, operations, freight flow and technical customer service
- Experience in human resources functions and capable of hiring, retaining and coaching qualified employees
- Ability to execute corporate initiatives and analyze the competition
- Physical requirements: lift up to 50 lbs., stand for prolonged periods of time
- Shifts include hours before and after the store is open to the public and may also include mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
- Experience within the consumer electronics industry is strongly preferred, with direct accountability for achieving P&L and customer satisfaction targets
- A college degree is preferred
At Micro Center, we empower our employees to set their sights high and blaze their own trails. This is a place where your future success and growth are truly a result of your own efforts and achievements. Our teams are made up of motivated individuals who work hard to advance their careers. Join our team and see how hard work, loyalty, competitive spirit and unwavering commitment to the customer can take you and your career to new places.
BENEFITS & OTHER INFORMATION:
Micro Center offers a balance between personal and professional interests, competitive pay, an employee discount on merchandise, flexible retail schedules and tuition reimbursement. In addition, a high-quality, competitive cafeteria benefits program is available on the first of the month following 60 days of active service to all full-time associates who work at least 30 hours per week. Whether you’re employed full-time or part-time, Micro Center has many options available to support your professional, health and wellness goals!
Micro Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment criminal background and substance abuse screening.