Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a dynamic and innovative new member to join our team in Millsboro, DE as the Director of Learning and Performance.
We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to Operational Excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
The primary purpose of this role is to lead the Learning and Performance function in providing Mountaire with development (learning), consulting and training resources that support the organization’s operating goals; while enhancing individual, team, and organizational effectiveness. The Director of Learning and Performance provides day-to-day leadership for the cultivation of strategies and resources that drive the effective development leadership capabilities at all levels. In addition, supports the continuous improvement of the Talent Management cycle to include Performance Management, Talent Review Process and Succession Planning.
- Responsible for managing and assessing organizational needs and the design, implementation and evaluation of programs that facilitate the professional development and continuous learning of team members.
- Oversee the enterprise-wide Leadership and Performance Management Strategy: including curriculum design, content development, delivery strategy and evaluation Work with management team, and subject matter experts (SMEs) to define and maintain functional e-learning curriculum, and measurement strategies
- Assists with the provision of expert facilitation and coaching to supervisors and managers regarding Leadership & Organizational Development methods and tools
- Provide leadership development expertise and consulting, to aid in the development and execution of learning plans tied to Mountaire’s succession planning process
- Manage all non-classroom activities including Onboarding, LMS, experiential programs, e-learning, and mentoring
- Coordinate the deployment and automation of internal training resources that meet company-wide training needs
- Serve as Mountaire’s Alchemy SISTEM Corporate Representative and Coordinator
- Maintain an external network of resources for benchmarking and assessment of best practices and integrate them back into the organization
- Manages the individual development planning process for executives and emerging leaders
- Ensure the consistency and quality of programs and processes for leaders across the organization. Identify external courses as need to target the specific competencies.
- Prepares budgetary recommendations that meet departmental goals and provide for effective management of resources
- Integrate assessment, coaching, and personal development resources into all facets of Mountaire’s Development Model
- Develop, design and implement an internal mentorship program
- Bachelor’s degree with advanced studies or experience in a training related field, preferred
- Knowledge of All Facets of Vertically Integrated Poultry organizations preferred
CPLP (Certified Professional in Learning and Performance) or equivalent certification preferred (I.e. CLO – Chief Learning Officer)
- Six to 10 years of proven progressive leadership experience developing leadership and organizational development programs in a mid-to-large size company
- Practical experience in selecting, implementing and managing educational technology resources
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with all levels of employees as well as superior facilitation skills
- Knowledge of Organizational Development Process
- Experience designing and implementing learning strategies to support business strategy
- Demonstrated ability to use both qualitative and quantitative measures to assess, monitor and report on
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with project management and training metrics
- Experience operating a Center of Excellence (COE) service delivery model across multiple business units
Job Type: Full-time