Vital Enterprises is a seed-funded enterprise augmented reality software startup that is reshaping the way industrial workforces communicate and collaborate. Our AR apps actively support technicians engaged in complex manual tasks such as inspecting a high-voltage power line, repairing a gas pipe, or assembling an aircraft. We do this by enabling heads-up work instructions and realtime remote video guidance by colleagues. We are looking for a full-time senior iOS engineer to join our team in the heart of San Francisco.
We are looking for a technologically savvy individual who can support the engineering and operations team in development and customer support. A large part of this role will be “manual” testing of our application as it is developed and upgraded, so plan on wearing lots of smart glasses and trying the latest and greatest augmented reality features.
The product support duties will include updating and adding customer Help and FAQs on the support page, passing on your knowledge and expertise to customers that have questions. You will in turn give our clients a voice and pass along requests or issues to the engineering team and guarantee that all issues are resolved quickly.
This is a role that is perfect for someone with budding software engineering skills seeking to grow and learn.
*Ideally, this position requires the contractor to be local to San Francisco Bay Area and come into the office 1-2 days a week, however, due to Covid-19 we are working remotely.
- Monitoring CI builds on Jenkins
- Manual Regression Testing on Phones, Tablets, Web apps & Smart Glasses
- Testing hardware for defects
- Manual testing of features and bug fixes
- Reporting issues and creating bug reports
- Verifying and reproducing customer reported issues
- Maintaining & Updating ZenDesk Customer support site
- Responding to first level customer support issues
- Maintaining & Updating hardware inventory system
- Adding internationalization and managing translations
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability.
- Work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Android & iOS
- Experience with Jenkins
- Experience with JIRA & Confluence
- Comfortable using the terminal on Mac & Linux
Nice to haves
- Experience with ZenDesk
- Experience using GIT
- Writing test cases for new features
- Bash scripting
- Programming experience, especially Java
- Scripting using UIAutomator
- Scripting using Selenium
- Load testing experience (Grinder…)
- Rate of $35 per hour
- The work schedule is flexible
Equal Employment Opportunities
Vital Enterprises provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary, Contract
Pay: $35.00 per hour
We're working remotely during the lockdown and when things return to normal it'll be a mix of in-office and remote work.
- Confluence: 1 year (Preferred)
- Jenkins: 1 year (Required)
- Android: 1 year (Required)
- QA/QC: 2 years (Required)
- QA: 2 years (Required)
- iOS: 1 year (Required)
- Quality Assurance: 2 years (Required)
- Jira: 1 year (Preferred)
- Selenium: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
Hours per week:
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible