We are actively seeking aper diem Bereavement Coordinator for The Villages, FL program. The schedule will be up to 30 hours/week.
This position is responsible for coordinating an organized bereavement program for patients/families/caregivers, both before death, and for at least thirteen months following a patient’s death. In addition, the individual will supervise activities of bereavement volunteers.
Additional duties will include (yet not be limited to):
- Develop, coordinate and evaluate an organized program for the delivery of bereavement services.
- Develop a bereavement care plan reflecting family needs and frequency of services.
- Assess and evaluates grief needs and risk factors associated with grief.
- Conduct assessment of family response to grief and loss issues.
- Provide services in accordance with plan of care.
- Complete all documentation as required by the organization in compliance with legal, governmental and accreditation requirements.
- Attend team meetings and maintain effective communication with other team members.
- Ensures mechanisms are in place to honor family and caregiver’s choices regarding bereavement contact or services.
- Oversee the development and activities of bereavement volunteers to support the bereavement services of the organization.
- Ensure all bereavement services are provided by staff that has adequate experience and training in dealing with grief.
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelors or Masters of Divinity Degree or equivalent theological degree, or Bachelors or Masters of Social Services/Counseling or a BSN with pastoral studies.
- Understanding of grief response and experience with counseling individuals and/or groups regarding loss.
- Ability to function as an effective member of an integrated healthcare team.
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Licensed driver with a reliable automobile which is insured in accordance with state law and organization policy.
Job Type: Part-time
- Bereavement Coordinator: 1 year (Preferred)
- The Villages, FL (Preferred)