Vantage Labs is a world leader and innovator in the development and leveraging of artificial intelligence and natural language technologies into a broad spectrum of vertical markets and industries. We specialize in providing advanced Software-as-a-Service [SaaS] solutions.
We are seeking a well-rounded IT professional to join our company as a Systems Administrator while based out of our development office in New Hope, PA. This person is a critical member of the team responsible for managing the systems and datacenter infrastructure for our organization's high-volume web applications; in addition to contributing to high-level operations & maintenance efforts, this person will also serve on back-end development & optimization projects.
- Infrastructure planning for the data center (working with servers, networks, databases, etc.)
- Shared support of the systems/infrastructure
- Database design, query tuning, replication and maintenance using relational database tools such as postgreSQL & MySQL
- LINUX/UNIX Systems Administration and Tuning (Coreos/Centos/Docker based platforms)
- Performance Tuning and Analysis (measuring and tuning to facilitate increased concurrent usage)
- Hardware Infrastructure Support (SAN, DELL/Sun Servers, Load Balancers, Routers, etc.)
- Ensuring information security at all levels (database, system, application, etc.)
- Systems-level database administration and performance optimization.
- High-volume website management
- Scheduled On-call support.
- Miscellaneous infrastructure and security duties, as assigned
- Relevant experience (5 years+) working with systems administration and/or database administration
- 4 year degree in MIS or a related field is strongly preferred
- Ability to respond to after-hours maintenance, both scheduled and unscheduled
- Proficiency working with relational database management tools (i.e. postgreSQL, MySQL, etc.), especially in Java-oriented development environments
- Strong knowledge and a demonstrated history of hands-on work with open-source database platforms and various types of SQL
- Advanced problem-solving abilities – the ability to investigate, analyze, measure, and draw definitive conclusions when required
- Experience with Linux systems administration (utilizing skills such as installation, troubleshooting, and configuring numerous frequently-used back-end services)
- Understanding of common protocols and services as they relate to a multi-tiered web application stack
- Familiarity with TCP/IP internetworking fundamentals to include switches, routers, and load-balancing equipment
- Attention to detail and commitment to quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment
- Familiarity with virtualized environments
- Experience with high-volume website management
- AWS DevOps and migration experience
Vantage Labs offers a competitive base salary; company benefits program including Medical, Dental, Vision, Short/Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, ID Theft Protection, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, etc.; paid training; and professional career advancement opportunities.
Vantage Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Database Administration: 3 years (Required)
- System Administration: 5 years (Required)
- SQL: 3 years (Required)
- New Hope, PA 18938 (Preferred)