The Senior Auditor leads and performs internal audits and conducts continuous auditing or monitoring reviews, including participation in and/or monitoring project implementations. The Senior Auditor assists in evaluating the company’s risk areas and provides Management with accurate, independent and timely recommendations regarding control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement at all airline and support center locations, including but not limited to passenger sales transactions, airport operations, purchasing and receiving, inventory, accounts payable, payroll, leases, sales & revenue recognition, cash management, employee benefits and flight rewards.
- Works with clients to ensure full understanding of the control environment.
- Prepares narratives, flowcharts and risk assessment matrices to document control processes, identify risks and their respective mitigating controls.
- Prepares and finalizes planning and announcement memos, assists in determining audit scope, prepares and executes audit programs.
- Conducts interviews with clients, executes audit programs, analyzes audit evidence, documents audit work performed and conclusions reached, discussing any audit issues with Manager.
- Keeps Manager informed of the status of audits in progress.
- Performs preliminary review of staff work papers, and peer reviews if necessary, to ensure compliance with department and IIA standards.
- Provides consolidated written documentation (draft audit report) of all audit issues for closing meeting. Responsible for conducting closing meeting.
- Executes the annual audit plan; and follows the department Manual (Corporate and IT Audit Department Guidelines and Audit Processes).
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Auditing or Finance
- Three (3) years internal audit, business process consulting and/or public accounting experience
- One (1) year audit supervisory experience
- Excellent concept of internal control; able to recognize significant control issues as well as the ability to recognize exposures in emerging situations
- Knowledge of and skill in applying internal audit standards and accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to work independently under limited supervision and complete assignments timely with sufficient attention to detail to ensure accuracy and thoroughness of coverage, with moderate latitude to apply independent judgment
- Proficient analytical skills, organizational abilities, and written and verbal communication skills, including active listening and presentation skills and the ability to negotiate issues and resolve problems
- Some familiarity with technology controls
- Ability to develop working relationships; interface with all levels of the company and all members of the Corporate and IT Audit Department
- Available for occasional overnight travel (15%)
- In possession of valid travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
Preferred Experience and Qualifications
- Master’s Degree
- CIA, CPA or CISA desirable and/or eligible and pursuing.
- Strong skills with MS Office (Visio, ACL, TeamMate or SAP).
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Potential need to work flexible hours and be available to respond on short-notice
- Well groomed and able to maintain a professional appearance
- When working or traveling on JetBlue flights, and if time permits, all capable crewmembers are asked to assist with light cleaning of the aircraft
- Must be an appropriate organizational fit for the JetBlue culture, that is, exhibit the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Passion and Fun
- Promote JetBlue’s #1 value of safety as a Safety Ambassador, supporting JetBlue’s Safety Management System (SMS) components, Safety Policy and behavioral standards
- Identify safety concerns, issues, incidents or hazards that should be reported and report them whenever possible and by any means necessary including JetBlue’s confidential reporting systems (Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) or Safety Action Report(SAR))
- Computer and other office equipment
- Normal office Environment
- Generally not required, or up to 10 pounds occasionally, 0 pounds frequently. (Sedentary)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the crewmember(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of individuals in this position. may be subject to change as the needs of the organization change.
JetBlue Airways Corp. is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law GINA Supplement