At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values—integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation—inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher. As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets. Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $15.3 billion in sales and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
Rosemount™ Measurement & Analytical, a business unit of Emerson Automation Solutions, is currently seeking an Wireless Service Lead Engineer.
Rosemount™ is a signature brand of Emerson, offering a comprehensive line of measurement instrumentation, analyzers and systems which are used in a wide range of applications found in critical processing facilities such as refineries, chemical plants, power plants, pipelines, and more.
The Wireless Service Lead Engineer will design and implement Industrial WiFi Plant Network Infrastructures for Enterprise IT Operations. The Lead Engineer will work with customers and Impact Partners to perform Front End Engineering and Design (FEED) studies (wireless site surveys); deploy, commission, maintain and support Emerson WiFi plant network solutions.
- Ability to perform outdoor and indoor Wi-Fi site surveys:
o Ability to perform large size outdoor surveys in Oil and Gas Refinery and Chemical plants
o Use site survey tools such as Ekahau, Airmagnet to perform active and passive site surveys for VoIP and Data
o Set up, mount temporary access points in the field and perform walkdowns to generate RF heatmap
o Walkdown the facility to inspect the environment, evaluate the LAN, identify sources of RF interference, validate antenna usage and AP placement
- Design and implement Outdoor Industrial Wi-Fi Mesh Network with deep understanding of
o WLAN frame formatting and structure, troubleshooting methodology, and protocol analysis spectrum analysis with a focus on advanced RF behavior analysis, data collection methods, interpreting spectrum plots and charts, and understanding advanced features of WLAN spectrum analyzers.
o Wireless Mesh Design Requirements; Radio Frequency (RF) Technologies; Wireless Standards and Organizations
o 802.11 Network Architecture; Mesh Network Components, Protocols, and Functionality
o Mesh Network Features and Applications; Basic RF for Wi-Fi Mesh Design
- Design and implement Indoor enterprise grade Wi-Fi Networks
- Ability to effectively and efficiently troubleshoot and resolve network, wireless, and communications issues
- Demonstrate experience working with automation vendors such as Honeywell, Foxboro, Emerson, Yokogawa etc.
- Experience in deploying or supporting security best practices and technologies such as risk or vulnerability assessments, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, centralized alert logging and monitoring in ICS environments
- Experience in deploying and integrating secured wireless networks within large manufacturing organizations Process Controls Domain (PCD) Network
- Develop PCD Security Functional Design Specification and threat mitigation in cyber security related to wireless networks
- Contributes to the creation and implementation of designs/specifications and testing
- Participates in factory acceptance testing, site acceptance testing, commissioning, and start up.
- Solo client interaction and interface experience to support flawless project execution
- Define scope and execution planning for conceptual (FEED) and detail design
BS in Engineering or Technical discipline.
Ten (10) years of industry experience
Required Licenses, Certificates, Registrations, Expertise:
Cisco Certification (CCNA, CCNA wireless)
Cisco Prime, Cisco ISE
Cisco Network Security, Routing and Switching Products
Network and Telecommunication Design (EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, and VoIP)
DCS Control System / IT CyberSecurity
Virtualization / Windows Operating Systems 2008 - 2016
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.