Staff Accountant Position Posting
DATE POSTED: 11.2.23
POSITION: Staff Accountant
LOCATION: Hays, Dodge City, Larned, or Ness City, KS
TITLE & SALARY: Experience Based
High Plains Farm Credit, ACA
The Farm Credit System is a unique entity, a network of nationally connected, locally owned financial cooperatives. Since 1916, Farm Credit has been devoted to agricultural financing and is the largest single provider of agricultural credit in the United States. High Plains Farm Credit is a member of the Farm Credit System and services almost $1.7 billion of loans. High Plains Farm Credit’s vision is to be the preferred source of agricultural financing.
High Plains Farm Credit is currently recruiting a Staff Accountant to participate in the accounting and financial reporting function of the Association. This position would report directly to the Vice President - Controller with responsibilities including, but not limited to daily balancing of specific accounts, generating and recording journal entries, initiating and supporting wire and ACH activity, month-end account reconciliations, preparation of financial reports/schedules, and audit compliance.
- Assist with the financial reporting requirements of the Association.
- Support day-to-day accounting operations (e.g., daily balancing, check requests, GL data entry).
- Preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliations and others as needed.
- Initiate/supports wire/ACH activity generated by the Association.
- Contributes to the planning, preparation, and implementation of the audit compliance program, including the ICFR Framework, as necessary.
- Other accounting/financial reporting projects as assigned.
- Associates and/or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Agriculture or a related field preferred, but not required.
- Strong analytic, organizational, problem solving, communication and computer skills.
- Familiarity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Internal Controls
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person