Participates in program planning, supervision, and counseling of patients enrolled in cardiac rehab.
Assures patient safety in the use of exercise equipment, consistent with physician approved exercise prescriptions.
Assists in hemodynamic and physical measurements and assists in EKG interpretation.
Assists, within scope of practice, in emergency management.
Assists in maintaining data on patient outcomes, and assists in special projects, such as community education.
Position Qualifications Required / Experience Required:
- Under RN supervision, interprets EKG rhythms on telemetry monitor and directs exercise accordingly. Interprets objective signs and symptoms and modifies exercise.
- Program based on individual strengths, limitations, and goals.
- Maintains current knowledge in the field of exercise physiology and advises Program Director/professional staff in area of expertise to comprise an optimal and safe program. Provides a leadership role in the exercise physiology component of cardiac rehab, especially with universal weights.
- Maintains patient outcomes spreadsheet, enters and interprets data for annual reporting and analysis. Assist in performance improvement departmental projects.
- Collaborates with manager in special tasks, such as writing proposals for auxiliary programs to meet needs and augment services. Responds to requests for community education speakers; participates in health fairs, etc. Assists in organizing patient instructional materials.
- Maintains exercise equipment, including cleaning; advises of need for repairs, etc.
- Assists in training of professional staff in the float position.
Minimum of one year’s experience in hospital or fitness setting.
B.S. in Exercise Physiology or Exercise Science from an accredited school or University.
M.S. preferred in cardiac setting.
Completion of EKG course.
ACSM certification preferred.
Specialized training in cardiovascular disease or cardiac unit experience preferred.