TITLE: Helpdesk Specialist (Junior)
DURATION: 5 years
LOCATION: Annapolis, MD 21401
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work in cooperation with the current contractors as well as other client’s staff.
- Answer Service Desk calls and log each call into the IT Service Desk system.
- Review call history, assess the problem, resolve the problems, and document in the IT Service Desk system.
- Set up new workstations and printers to access the network.
- Deploy new state procured equipment and software to the existing network.
- Create/restore workstation images.
- Troubleshoot workstation network connectivity issues
- Troubleshoot issues regarding all hardware and software stated above.
- Install software/hardware on workstations.
- Update Service Desk requests on a daily basis.
- Provides telephone and in-person support to users in the areas of directories, standard Windows desktop applications, and applications developed under this Contract or predecessors.
- Serves as the initial point of contact for troubleshooting hardware/software PC and printer problems.
- Five (5) years of experience in a business IT environment with emphasis on PC computer hardware and applications.
- General experience includes information systems development, work in the client/server field, or related fields.
- At least two (2) years comprehensive knowledge of PC operating systems, e.g., DOS, Windows, as well as work on a help desk.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and to have a positive customer service attitude.
A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related scientific or technical discipline or three (3) years of equivalent experience in a related field.
About A P Ventures
A P Ventures, LLC is a full-service IT consulting company headquartered in Columbia, MD. We are one of the fastest growing IT companies in the Washington DC–metro area, and are a prime vendor with various federal, State, and Local agencies. Learn more at www.apvit.com.
A P Ventures is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
Job Type: Full-time
- information systems development, work in the client field: 5 years (Preferred)
- working with PC computer hardware & applications: 7 years (Preferred)
- PC operating systems- DOS, Windows and work on helpdesk: 1 year (Required)