This position is currently in Seattle, WA but will transition to Everett, WA by 2022.
Vaupell designs, engineers, and produces custom, high performance engineered plastic and composite components and assemblies for demanding applications. We are the global market leader in plastics components and assemblies for aircraft interiors while also serving the broader aerospace, defense, medical and commercial markets.
Manage the procurement of materials and services required by Vaupell for specifically assigned Commodities/Vendors in a cost efficient and timely manner, while meeting Vaupell’s Supply Chain goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Utilizes MRP and other input to obtain materials, components, and equipment on time as required by production and engineering schedules. Expedites materials as necessary
- Identifies actual and potential delivery problems to take proactive steps to eliminate their impact on the supply chain.
- Works to minimize inventory dollar levels and improve turns
- Works cross-functionally to resolve supplier invoice discrepancies
- Monitors, analyzes and reports material variances to standard cost. Works cross-functionally to establish standard costs
- Reviews and implements engineering changes for purchased and sub-contracted materials
- Addresses and resolves discrepant (quantity or quality) material internally and with suppliers
- Reviews and updates reports to maintain supply chain metrics
- Verifies data accuracy (part numbers, BOMs, part cost, lead time, etc.) in MRP and works to correct the data with appropriate parties
- Responsible for optimizing material costs through vendor analysis, quality, schedule, cost evaluation, etc. Applies cost effective measures to support standard cost and make vs. buy decisions
- Negotiates delivery terms, dates, and conditions for the procurement of required materials and services from suppliers
- Assists with supplier audits and works to identify and onboard new suppliers
- Establishes and maintains relationships with suppliers and appropriate representatives
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and works with appropriate parties to implement improvements
- Completes special assignments for the Supply Chain department as directed by the Purchasing Manager
- 2 years purchasing experience preferred; purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of MRP systems required
- Bachelor’s degree from 4-year College in purchasing, business or related area, or equivalent experience preferred
- CPM or CPIM and/or APICS is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Supplier communication capabilities with above average oral and written skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business documents, technical procedures, drawings, and government regulations
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and make decisions
- Work within a team as well as cross-functionally within the organization
- This position requires accessing all areas in the plant necessary to monitor the progress of material. It also requires occasional reaching, stooping and lifting of office files, reports or records, typically weighing 5 pounds or less. Reasonable accommodations will be considered which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Candidates must be either US Citizens or US Persons to ensure Vaupell’s compliance with ITAR (International Traffic in Arms Regulations) and EAR (Export Administration Regulations)