Boundary Zone, Inc. is recruiting for an experienced Survey Crew Chief with Residential Boundary experience in Atlanta, GA. Please read the following job description before applying.
Only candidates with Land Surveying and Residential Boundary Experience will be considered. Preference given to candidates with interest in progressing their career in professional land surveying. Must be within reasonable commute of Atlanta, GA.
Salary based on Experience
The Field Surveyor / Crew Chief is responsible for, but not limited to:
- The successful and accurate completion of the field survey.
- The utilization of the proper equipment to complete the survey.
- Communicating necessary information with the client and project manager.
- Mentoring and training survey field assistants.
- Ability to read and understand deeds and plats.
- Proper use and care of equipment and vehicle.
- Efficient travel to job location.
- Keeping up-to-date with survey practices and construction procedures.
- Maintaining a good driving record and a valid driver’s license.
Why come work for Boundary Zone? What we offer:
- Very competitive salary
- Employer Paid Health Insurance (available after (45) days)
- Dental & Vision Insurance (available after (2) weeks)
- Employer Paid Group Life
- Voluntary transferable Life available
- Paid time off & Holiday pay
- IRA Plan
- Performance reviews
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training for advancement
- Local work/limited travel
- Field assistant.
- Company cell, and many other benefits for qualified candidates.
Experience: 3 or more years of crew chief experience.
Minimum skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of surveying procedures.
- Microsoft Office/Outlook
- Computer (data collection basics, basic CAD skills).
- Boundary terminology.
- Construction terminology.
- Map and plan interpretation.
- Expertise in data collection.
- Surveying calculations.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Critical thinking.
- A willingness to learn on the job.
- Must be able to work independently and with teams.
- Familiarity with Trimble surveying equipment.
Preferred skills and abilities:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD
- Interest in becoming a Professional Licensed Surveyor (PLS) or Land Surveyor in Training (LSIT)
Candidate will be required to submit to a drug test and background check, provide character and professional references and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving policy in accordance with state and federal laws.
Boundary Zone, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Qualified Veterans/Minorities are encouraged to apply. Visit us at www.boundaryzone.com for more opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
- Land Surveying: 2 years (Required)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply