Real World Solutions @ LEIDOS!
Do you want to grow your career and be part of a team solving critical challenges that affect the world? The Leidos Civil Group is leading the way in solving internationally pressing issues, including:
- Aviation - Guiding the world's air traffic, managing 43,000+ flights for 2.5 million passengers per day
- Cyber security - Monitoring advanced threats; managing security services and utility command and control centers
- Energy engineering - Restoring power during hurricane efforts; helping communities achieve significant energy savings
- IT infrastructure modernization - Helping 2+ million citizens recover from identity theft; maintaining global biometrics systems
- Transportation security solutions - Securing U.S. borders with 1200+ radiation and explosive monitors; designing vehicle solutions that save lives, reduce congestion, and boost fuel efficiency
- If you desire to be an integral part of a dynamic team of science and technology leaders, then Leidos Civil is the place for you!
- Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies".
Support the migration of existing on-premises Office Productivity and Collaboration tools into Office 365 for an organization. Successful candidate will provide initial testing of Office 365 components and features before enterprise rollout. The Release Coordinator and Tester will work with the Project Manager to determine which Office 365 features should be made available for the enterprise and conduct quality assurance testing across Office 365 features and capabilities. The successful candidate should have advanced knowledge of the Office 365 cloud platform, while staying abreast of current Office 365 services. The candidate will collaborate with a diverse workforce and must possess strong creative, communication, and collaboration skills.
- 2-4 years in information technology
- Experience with Office 365 environment
- Knowledge of Microsoft's entire cloud suite including Office, Skype for Business, SharePoint and OneDrive
- Familiarity with organizational change management including systems testing
- Demonstrates a high degree of customer service and team work
- Continually test the Office 365 ProPlus releases.
- Ability to create a unified view of the upcoming Office 365 features that the enterprise should leverage.
- Assist in training employees on new features.
- Test all aspects of Office 365 features and capabilities, including Exchange online, Office Pro Plus, mobility, and other Office 365 capabilities.
- Ensure all Office 365 components work on a variety of hardware ranging from simple workstations to mobile devices.
- Create test cases for planned and ad hoc situations such as new Microsoft Office 365 patches or rollouts, custom macros, etc.
- Ability to take responsibility, work hard, learn, and become a key contributor to the success of the program by ensuring the total quality of Office 365 releases.
Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 4 years of professional experience; or 2 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
- Presentation and requirements elicitation skills
- Attention to Detail - is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
- Customer Service - works well with clients and other vendors in achieving mission success and is committed to providing quality products and services.
- Strong Communication Skills - be able to expresses key ideas and obtain tangible feedback from cross-functional team members and stakeholders.
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - identifies risks and problems, and be able to conduct qualitative and quantitative analysis to generate and evaluate alternatives and to make recommendations.