Director of Manufacturing (Electronics Contract Manufacturing)
First Source Electronics, LLC
For almost two decades, First Source Electronics, LLC, headquartered in Elkridge, MD, has provided full-service electronics manufacturing services to its customers. FSE features over 56,000 square feet of manufacturing space with the ability to produce:
- Electro-mechanical Assemblies
- Cable and Wire Harness Assemblies
- Cabinet, Panel, and Rack Assemblies
- Design for Manufacturability and Testing
We are searching for a Director of Manufacturing to take on the responsibility of overseeing our manufacturing activities to meet our business objectives. Our perfect candidate will be comfortable working hard in challenging and continually situations to meet aggressive production goals. They will have excellent communication skills, enjoy supervising others, and be a dynamic multi-tasker. Additionally, the candidate must be a collaborative leader with a strong sense of urgency, have the ability to influence and drive, be process driven and organized, and have superior knowledge in electronics manufacturing. This is a very hands on position that is not only responsible for the administrative functions but also the day to day direct supervision of the production floor. This position reports directly to Chief Operations Officer.
Please Note: Only resumes with prior electronic manufacturing industry experience will be considered.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead 5 direct reports and manage tasks and efficiencies of an 80+ person diverse manufacturing team.
- Oversee all aspects of manufacturing to include production of all assemblies, flow of all materials, warehouse, shipping, and receiving.
- Primary stakeholder for planning and execution of all backlog early or on time.
- Alignment, planning, and procurement of labor resources necessary to execute backlog.
- Expected to autonomously operate, make decisions, and lead in a fluid and constantly changing manufacturing environment.
- Ensure customer orders are completed on time and collaborate with the Quality department to ensure the highest quality standards.
- Create a high-performance culture where accountability and delivering on commitments is pushed through the organization and where individuals are encouraged to stretch their capabilities.
- Set production goals and standards for the production team and individual team members.
- Troubleshoot and communicate any issues that arise that may affect the production schedule or quality to senior management.
- Continuously evaluate and modify the production line and personnel assignments to ensure the most efficient work flow and production schedule.
- Create and sustain a continuous improvement culture.
- 5+ years electronics manufacturing environment experience.
- Experience in contract manufacturing preferred.
- 5+ years in leadership, production management, or operations experience.
- Familiar with electronics and electromechanical manufacturing and troubleshooting best practices.
- Ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Experience in training and leading manufacturing personnel.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 Quality Management Systems required.
- Independent, autonomous, and self-driven
- Comfortable with constantly changing priorities and directions due to shifts in manufacturing priorities.
- Excellent computer skills and experience working with material management systems.
- Several years’ experience with Materials, Requirements, Planning (MRP) systems
- 2-year degree or greater preferred.
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- manufacturing production leadership: 5 years (Required)
- electronics manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance