STV Incorporated is a national engineering/architectural employee owned design and services firm with contract values exceeding $400,000,000 annually. STV services include engineering, planning, environmental and construction management on the cutting edge of technology. Our diverse organization is comprised of 1,900 professional, technical and administration staff.
STV seeks an engineer to join our transit vehicle engineering group to work with our clients on the next generation of transit buses, intercity and commuter buses and BRT vehicles for various cities throughout North America.
Candidate will assist our Senior Engineering Operations Manager of Bus in providing technical support and rolling stock procurement support services to our clients who are public transit agencies planning to or currently operating battery electric, hybrid-electric technologies as well as alternative fuel technologies (compressed natural gas & fuel cell) y and clean diesel technology bus fleet rolling stock. Duties include any or all of the following:
- Bus Fleet Procurement Strategy Development
- Client daily interface, invoicing, monthly project status report development
- Zero Emissions Bus fleet procurement, audit, QA inspection, deployment and provisioning
- Buy America compliance reporting oversight
- Assist with design reviews or problem solving on bus subsystems (Energy Storage, HVAC, Electric and Diesel/CNG Propulsion, Braking, etc.) - Information take-offs from engineering drawings, and drawing interpretation - Spreadsheet and database (MS Excel, PowerPoint and Access) development
- Command of Word, Excel, PowerPoint with the ability to develop, modify and integrate data, graphics, project information and regulatory compliance data into documents and presentations along with the integration of testing results, summaries and general text.
- Bus operations planning and consulting including traffic signal priority systems and fluids management system installation and start-up
- Bus maintenance and facility planning, layout and re-configuration for zero emissions bus fleet deployment and fleet charging - Test activities including procedure development, data collection, data processing and report writing or review - Provide support for field tests of rolling stock; at client locations and at test facilities such as the Altoona Test facility. - Bus and subcomponent system technical specification development and integration with contract legal requirements - Preparation of client correspondence, reports and other documents
- Proposal preparation and client presentations
We are looking for candidates with 3-6 years experience in a position which involved the management, engineering and work force development work with transit buses, custom over the road vehicles or trucks. The ideal candidate will have experience with a major transit agency with technical support, procurement or engineering responsibilities for a fleet of 400+ vehicles, or with a vehicle manufacturer or a manufacturer of bus or truck subsystems. Experience with truck or bus engines, propulsion systems, vehicle dynamics, emission systems, vehicle dynamics testing would be a plus. This experience can also be from work at a distributor of vehicles or major subsystems or and engine supplier.
STV seeks engineers who are able to demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills. Candidates must hold ABET accredited four-year Bachelor’s degrees in either mechanical or electrical engineering. If a mechanical engineer, the candidate will have taken coursework or have other background in electrical engineering subjects of electric machines and electric power theory or application. If an electrical engineer, the candidate will have coursework or other background in mechanical or automotive systems, mechanisms or machines. Candidates must be willing to undertake a wide variety of tasks and activities, demonstrate flexibility and a desire for a wide range of engineering experiences. Travel requirements can be up to 35% time for intermittent short periods, with most of the travel being same day trips to our client’s sites.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability to speak effectively before groups or employees of the STV and client organizations.
This position can be located in one of STV’s 34 offices around the country with a preference for Atlanta, Los Angeles or New York.
Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities