SUMMARY DESCRIPTION: The benefits specialist is responsible for assisting with the administration of all benefits and retirement programs, including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and short- and long-term disability.
PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES: (Asterisk for essential job duties.)
1. Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
2. Conduct regular reconciliations of each benefit plan to ensure that billing and employee data and status match.
3. Assists with new-hire orientations.
4. Performs quality checks of benefits-related data.
5. Assists employees regarding benefits claim issues and plan changes.
6. Distributes all benefits enrollment materials and determines eligibility.
7. Enrolls employees with carriers and process life status changes.
8. Prepares and develops communication materials for benefit programs to be used for recruiting, eligibility and educational purposes.
9. Responds to benefits inquiries from managers and employees on plan provisions, benefits enrollments, status changes and other general inquiries.
10. Processes and administers all leave-of-absence requests and disability paperwork: medical, personal, disability and FMLA.
11. Effectively interprets FMLA and ADA implications as they relate to leaves of absences/disabilities.
12. Lead the open enrollment process.
13. Provides necessary reports for allocation/billing charges.
14. Participate in other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year