- Ensures that every table is clean and organized.
- Organizes the juices, milk, bread, water, and cereal area.
- Starts the warmer and sees to it that the buffet and dessert area are well organized and clean.
- Prepares the coffee and condiments. Also prepares the carts for the used plates and cups.
- Checks the reservations for the morning and lunch meals and prepares the signs for the tables.
- Opens restaurant doors and monitors that the buffet area is well-stocked and clean. Also inspects the floor area frequently, especially main walkways, for any spills and makes sure it is cleaned immediately.
- Ensures that all the residents are served and all their needs are met. Helps with beverage refills. Also helps those residents requiring assistance in carrying their plates/glasses.
- Helps clear the tables of used plates and utensils assuring that there are no used plates around that the residents no longer need.
- Clears and cleans all the tables in time for the following meal. Refills condiments and beverages.
- Arranges silverware for each assigned station.
- Makes sure the buffet food is fresh and hot, and replenished.
- Helps those residents requiring assistance with their plates and also their walkers.
- When the meal period is done, makes sure that the tables are clean and buffet areas are clean for the following day.
- Insures that the refrigerator and cabinets are clean and organized. Also, makes sure the hallway is clear of any boxes.
- Collects all tablecloths for cleaning.
- Performs special cleaning assignments as specified by the Dining Room Manager.
- Able to follow oral and written instruction.
- Must be available to work weekends
- Experience not necessary, on-the-job training will be provided.
At Masonic Homes, we are looking for team members who would like to combine their passion for helping people, good communication skills, decision-making skills, and great ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills, you will be offered:
- A work environment focused on teamwork and support
- A generous contribution to a 401K plan whether or not you participate, and an additional contribution from the company when you participate in the plan
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 per hour