- High School Diploma or GED
- Laboratory Experience
This position provides basic support to diesel and heavy equipment laboratory operations under the direction of the Program Director and area faculty. This is a part time temporary position up to 25 hours/week.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating the preparation of Diesel shop exercises and activities. This coordination includes ensuring all equipment, trucks, and expendable supplies are in place and sufficient for the requirements of each session.
- Maintaining the shop facilities, equipment, and required supplies in a clean and orderly manner to allow the faculty to focus on instructing students.
- Using hand tools, minor troubleshooting and repair of equipment, cleaning and organizing of storage racks, shelves and cabinets.
- Providing for the security of facilities, equipment and instructional materials and maintaining safe working conditions
- Performs safety and security watch at all times.
- May give students help on machines and diesel engines.
- Follow daily special project instructions as needed.
- Inform instructors of safety violations and issues
Difficult Challenges Contacts Education Required
High school diploma
Diesel and Heavy Equipment Diploma or Certificate
- Two years relevant work experience in a Diesel Maintenance or other diesel industry environment
- Greater than two years relevant work experience in a Diesel Maintenance or other diesel industry environment
- Post-secondary lab/shop experience in a Diesel & Heavy Equipment Technology academic program
- Experience maintaining and auditing shop environments.
KSA Required KSA Preferred Department/Job Specific Requirements Physical Demands
- Work is typically performed in a diesel shop environment. Students of all ages and abilities are in the shop while working.
- While on campus, the lab assistant shall uphold the persona and standards of a professional employee of the college. Be an example for following safety rules.
- Self-starting work ethic. Assistant must stay busy. Student interaction beyond work relationship kept to a minimum.
- Reliability is a must.
Posting Type Part-Time Staff
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number 2018-067-TEMP-P
Open Date 09/28/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants