The SIU Investigation Coordinator/Screener will conduct reviews of files referred to SIU to efficiently and appropriately determine if the file warrants assignment to an investigator or analyst, as well as conduct some desk investigations of insurance claims referred to and accepted for investigation by the Special Investigative Unit. Our Special Investigator will function as a Desk investigator working from our Claims office. Basic functions include: Reviewing and assigning SIU referrals and communicating those decision to the involved parties as well as Investigation of claims, analysis and development of facts and evidence, and conducting and/or directing Examinations Under Oath. This investigator/Coordinator will coordinate investigations with outside SIU contacts, the Department Of Insurance Fraud Division, NICB, and various law enforcement agencies.
- 3 years of insurance claims investigation experience or professional investigation experience with law enforcement agencies; or
- 5 years of professional investigation experience involving economic or insurance related matters; or an authorized medical professional to evaluate medical related claims.
- College Degree or equivalent work experience
- Must have a working knowledge of Digital photo and document metadata and have experience with using the internet and social networking for investigative purposes.
- The candidate must possess knowledge of the principles of casualty insurance and the auto casualty claims adjustment process.
- Investigative and legal expertise needed for this position.
- Completion of the NICB Basic and/or Advanced Academies and the Reid Interviewing and Interrogation Courses are desirable.
- Must have excellent communication skills and thorough working knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Must demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the workings of related state and federal agencies. The SIU investigator must possess oral and written communications skills and promote a favorable company image to the public.
- Fraud Claims Law Specialist (FCLS) or Fraud Claims Law Associate (FCLA) designations and Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator (CIFI) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) designations are preferred.
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
- MO -CB +ZR -GD -IN -MSJ -PT