Microelectronic Quality Reliability Engineers provide project management, product, process design/development and sustaining support for integrated circuit or semiconductor assemblies, various other electronic components, sub systems and/or completed units. Responsible for physical understanding, model prediction and enhancement of quality & reliability for advanced products, transistor, interconnect, assembly/package and testing process. Defines Si/assembly/package qualification requirement and responsible for product qualification or technology certification. Defines/develops and conducts stress tests, DFX requirements and research on individual technology components as well as integrated circuit/products. Develop cost effective production monitoring and screening schemes to ensure process is stable and products meet committed quality & reliability performance.
Quality and reliability engineers are excellent analytical problem solvers in a high-paced, technically challenging environment. We measure our success by delivering world-class quality on cutting edge package technologies, faster and at a competitive cost. This job might be for you, if:
- Have good communication skills: able to make the complex simple and understood by a wide audience.
- You have an interest on semiconductor package interconnects, metallic compounds, metal diffusion and electro-migration
- You like to find problems before they find you. You love taking on complex technical challenges and delivering robust solutions. You'll keep digging until you can explain the fundamental physics or chemistry behind the failure mechanism.
- You get a kick out of analyzing mounds of data and finding a pattern. You use data to drive decisions.
- Define electrical power delivery capabilities and reliability requirements for next generation package technologies based on customer use conditions.
- Influence new package interconnect technology design, process and material capability decisions based on fundamental technical understanding of electro-migration mechanisms.
- Design test vehicles to isolate failure mechanisms and the root causes.
- Deliver analysis results and impact to multiple levels within the quality and reliability community and business partners.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates. Relevant experience can be obtained through school work, classes and project work, internships, military training, and/or work experience. This is an entry level position and will be compensated accordingly.
- The candidate must possess a Ph.D. in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Minimum 6 months of experience with:
- Semiconductor metallization, electro-migration and diffusion mechanisms.
- Experience in semiconductor fabrication process, metal interconnects, packaging assembly and/or board system technology operations
- Experience with accelerated environmental testing, reliability testing and standards.
- Experience in empirical data collection and statistical data analysis, reliability statistics, and design of experiments.
- Understanding the relationship between microstructure versus mechanical and physical properties of materials used in electronic packaging.
- Working with fracture and adhesion mechanisms of materials and material interfaces
- Familiarity with a range of imaging and analytical lab test equipment such as acoustic imaging, and x-ray imaging, SEM, EDX, TEM, FTIR, TMA, DMA, DSC, TGA, SIMS and mechanical testing machines.
- Capable of basic programming or scripting for data analysis.
- Experience with statistical software, MATLAB, Excel Macros, or equivalent is a plus.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art - from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
US, Oregon, Hillsboro
Posting Statement. Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.