Description:Planet Aid is seeking a full-time Communications Manager who will report to the CEO, in our Corporate Office located in Elkridge, MD.
The Communications Manager will lead a team of graphics and content specialists to help convey Planet Aid’s story and brand image. This position is responsible for developing Planet Aid’s communication strategy, and internal and external brand messaging. The role will support executive leadership as a communications advisor and strategist and lead media and community relations, marketing, and reputation management through a variety of platforms.
The Communication Manager will need to utilize expert research, writing, editing, and marketing skills to produce impactful content and initiatives to engage the public with Planet Aid’s work and mission.
- Develop and implement corporate communications strategies and plans, and serve as company spokesperson.
- Drive and manage the creation of high-impact stories for use with news media, analysts, and other key audiences.
- Research and write high-quality press releases, online content, infographics, large-scale marketing materials, and annual reports.
- Create a comprehensive style guide for the organization.
- Guide media relations, respond to inquiries, and manage Planet Aid’s online media footprint.
- Lead and motivate a team to produce high-level, brand-driven content.
- Utilize project management tools to track and share progress on large-scale communications projects.
- Work closely with internal experts and resources, and ensure approvals are secured as needed and appropriate.
- Enhance outreach and impact of our messages via social media
- Oversee and manage a redesign of the Planet Aid website.
- Implement communication plans for important internal communication, such as messaging, branding, and change management.
- Support leadership team and implement plans in the event of crises/issues that may affect brand or reputation.
- Develop and operationalize key communications policies, protocols, and guidelines.
- Work across teams and units to ensure the quality and review all communications products.
ABOUT PLANET AID:*
Planet Aid’s clothes reuse and recycling program aims at making the recycling of textiles accessible to as many people as possible by locating collection boxes at convenient locations in urban and suburban areas. Currently, the organization operates 10,000+ collection points in several states and metropolitan areas. Planet Aid’s overseas programs carried out by partner organizations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America are primarily directed at the poorer communities, often in rural areas. Capacity building, training, and educational activities are integral parts of most programs, which seek to empower communities and people ages from preschool to the elderly to improve living conditions, the environment and health, and human happiness. The following is a condensed list of Planet Aid’s aim and purpose
For the environment:Reduce the number of reusable textiles in landfills. ~ Increase awareness of textile recycling and protecting our earth. ~ Lessen the demand for natural resources and the harmful environmental impacts of clothing manufacturing. ~ Promote a culture of sustainability instead of fast consumption. ~ Work towards lessening the effects of climate change through textile recycling and green development initiatives.For peopleStrengthen and organize communities. ~ Reduce poverty and promote small enterprise development. ~ Support sustainable local food production. ~ Improve access to training and quality education. ~ Increase health awareness and encourage healthy lifestyles. ~ Foster direct cooperation and understanding among people across the planet. ~ Help disadvantaged populations of the world create lasting positive change.Planet Aid offers a wide variety of benefits, programs and services. Benefits include, but are not limited to, medical, dental, vision, disability, 401(k), paid holidays, paid sick days and vacations.
- EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field; Background in journalism preferred.
- EXPERIENCE: Five years of similar or related experience leading teams and directing Communications and Marketing. Extensive writing and copy-editing experience preferred. Website redesign and management experience is a plus.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS: Must be fluent in English. Strong and engaging writing skills are required.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand or sit, and frequently required to walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES: Expert-level computer skills and applications such as Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Experience with Organizational skills, and the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while working on a deadline or in a fast-paced environment. The technological ability to work on a variety of digital platforms and also create web and mobile content.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office setting; travel required to conferences, meetings and training as necessary (5%-10%).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $110,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person