JOB TITLE: Legal Assistant
Reports To: Director of Human Resources
Status: Full-time (Non-Exempt)
Summary Job Description:
The legal assistant will perform diverse administrative duties for a least three attorneys (or more) in one of our practice group, including office work flow, client contact, written and verbal correspondence, billing, meeting and calendar management, transcription, special projects, monthly time and expense reporting, eFiling, and records control. Must maintain strict confidentiality on issues of a sensitive nature.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all administrative functions related to attorneys including opening and scanning mail; preparing correspondence, eFiling and legal documents
- Manage complex attorney calendar using Microsoft Outlook; resolve scheduling conflicts, confirm external meetings, coordinate travel arrangements, prioritize commitments and communicate agendas (and/or) changes
- Responsible for accurate timekeeping and billing of attorney time; review, revise, and coordinate monthly bills with the billing manager
- Maintain paper and electronic records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating, and destruction
- Maintain client fee agreements, intake sheets, conflict check database for all new matters and contacts into the firm’s CRM database
- Monitor client fee agreements to secure signatures from required parties and provide executed copies to new clients and legal assistants
- Draft and proofread letters, memos, documents, and reports
- Prepare and submit expense reports using Chrome River system
- Assist with food orders and facilities
- Knows the formal and informal firm goals, standards, policies and procedures. Is sensitive to the interrelationship of both client and co-workers and functions within the firm.
- Carries out duties and responsibilities with supervision from attorneys. Makes limited decisions and establishes work priorities on essentially procedure-oriented operations.
- Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Preferred: Two years college or equivalent work experience
- Two to five years of administrative/office experience.
- Experience working with various software applications required; such as Aderant, iManage, Adobe, Chrome River and Workshare
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (preferably 2010), including Word, Excel and Outlook
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Legal Assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place