This western Suffolk County law firm is an established leader in the consumer asset recovery industry and is seeking Asset Recovery Professionals (Collectors) to partner with consumers to resolve outstanding credit card debts in a fair and timely manner. Compensation consists of base plus bonus potential.
- Manage a portfolio of consumer credit accounts.
- Utilize multiple systems to research and understand each consumer’s financial situation.
- Analyze financial information, including credit reports, to negotiate the most expeditious resolution for delinquent accounts.
- Follow-up on accounts to ensure payment commitments are met.
- Successful experience in an environment with high customer contact.
- Prior call center or collections industry experience is strongly desired.
- Knowledge of FDCPA and other laws governing third party collection activities is preferred.
- Knowledge of skip tracing and general collection software is preferred.
- Inquisitive nature and demonstrated ability to think critically and problem solve.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize work and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including active listening skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, Polish, German, French is desirable.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- Negotiation: 2 years (Preferred)
- Call Center Customer Service: 2 years (Required)
- Third Party Collections: 2 years (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)
- Polish (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- German (Preferred)