Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
The Registered Nurse is responsible for supervising the day-to-day nursing activities performed by all nursing personnel in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards governing the facility. He/she will ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times and will provide direct nursing care as needed. The Registered Nurse Supervisor is responsible for coordinating the activities of all Departments if the respective Department Head is not on premises. He/she will be responsible for the facility and its management when the Administrator, Director of Nursing, or Assistant Director of Nursing is not present.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Manages, evaluates, and directs the day-to-day functions of all nursing staff on the respective shift and ensure that established nursing objectives and standards are maintained.
2. Makes rounds and ensures that all resident services are coordinated with nursing services and facility objectives and standards are maintained.
3. Communicates with the Director of Nursing and the Administrator and assists in developing and implementing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services.
4. Coordinates, assesses, plans, delivers, and evaluates nursing care for a specific group of patients/residents on a designated unit (sub-acute or dementia care) on a shift basis:
a. Performs accurate, thorough, and timely nursing assessments and reassessments of patient/resident care needs in accordance with Nursing Department standards of practice and with consideration to age, mental, social, and physical status and response;
b. Completes required components of admission assessment process and patient education in accordance with established procedures;
c. Effectively integrates assessment data into a comprehensive nursing assessment inclusive of MDS, interim plan of care per unit standard, data from family members, and the involvement of other disciplines, as necessary;
d. Completes patient/residents’ initial, quarterly, and annual MDS in a timely manner and consistent with unit standards;
e. In collaboration with interdisciplinary team, develops an individualized plan of care for each patient/resident. Actively participates in the interdisciplinary plan of care process via the care conference;
f. Delivers direct and indirect nursing care to patients/residents, fostering the maintenance of the highest functional level for the patient/resident at each stage of illness and emphasizing family inclusion. Creates and maintains an atmosphere of warmth, calm, and positivity conducive to the nursing care, treatment, rehabilitation, and/or terminal care of patients/residents;
g. Appropriately documents all aspects of nursing care in a clear, concise, and timely fashion and in relation to expected outcome, noting changes, progress or lack of in accordance with established procedure;
h. Provides ongoing patient/resident/family education and documents appropriately;
i. Evaluates the patient/resident response to treatment plan and consults with physicians and other members of the interdisciplinary team to revise ongoing plan of care to best meet the needs of patients/residents;
j. Coordinates and documents discharge planning process for assigned patients/residents, ensuring that both the patient/resident, family members, and/or caretakers fully understand the discharge plan of care;
k. Actively participates in unit/department meetings related to patient/resident care and/or unit function by contributing relevant information and suggesting corrective action and potential solutions to identified problems;
l. Always following correct channels of communication, appropriately documents and reports nursing interventions and/or results in compliance with established guidelines, procedures, and protocols and using designated forms that reflect the nursing plan of care;
m. Actively participates in the complaint/grievance resolution process by completing requested investigative process and documenting findings in a thorough, timely, and concise manner.
5. Provides leadership and direction for the delivery of nursing care by Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN), Nursing Assistants, and Unit Clerk on assigned shift:
a. Ensures that nursing staff under direct supervision administer nursing care to patients/residents in accordance with all Nursing Department standards of practice;
b. Provides assistance and guidance to nursing staff in providing direct care to patients/residents;
c. Observes job performance of nursing staff and provides direct feedback. Documents and provides information to Unit Manager related to staff’s individual job performance;
d. To maintain continuity of nursing care during shift transitions, receives and provides reports (both verbal and written) to nursing staff and management and documents pertinent information on 24-hour nursing report in accordance with established procedure;
e. Appropriately delegates and assigns direct and indirect patient/resident care activities to staff. Appropriately revises assignments based on changes in patient/resident census, acuity, and available resources;
f. Ensures that staff complete all assignments, promptly report changes in patient/resident conditions, appropriately perform required documentation, and comply with all established policies and procedures of the facility and the Nursing Department;
g. Implements emergency procedures in a correct and efficient manner;
h. Encourages and participates in the ongoing education and professional development of assigned nursing staff, collaborating with appropriate departments and external organizations regarding education programs;
i. Assumes responsibilities of Charge Nurse, as required.
6. Follows and enforces strict adherence to safety and infection control rules, regulations, policies, and procedures:
a. Follows and enforces the use of universal precautions at all times;
b. Utilizes equipment in patient/resident care procedures properly and safely with minimal risk to self and others and in compliance with operating instructions;
c. Identifies potential safety hazards and promptly reports hazards to the appropriate department in a timely fashion either verbally or in writing;
d. Follows and enforces established emergency procedures to include fire, disaster, and evacuation plans and procedures;
e. Provides and ensures a safe, clean, and sanitary environment conducive to the physical and emotional well-being of all patients/residents and staff;
f. Ensures required nursing supplies and equipment are readily available to meet patient/residents’ needs.
7. Serves as a mentor and role model and represents the Company in a manner that conveys professionalism, appearance, confidentiality, courtesy, conduct, honesty, fairness, personal integrity, and a respect for the fundamental rights, dignity, personal comfort, and privacy of others.
8. Performs and/or actively participates in special research assignments, performance improvement processes, and special projects, as required or as assigned. May serve as a member or participant on various internal and external committees.
9. Manages and coordinates other related nursing and management responsibilities as necessary. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and facility needs.
1. Performs all tasks and duties in an efficient and safe manner.
2. Performs other related duties as assigned or as necessary. Remains flexible and adaptable in work schedules and work assignments as defined by departmental and organizational needs.
3. Represents Reliant Senior Care in a manner that conveys professionalism, confidentiality, courtesy, fairness, personal integrity, and respect for others.
A. EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
B. SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Nursing Clinical Setting: