The Spares Technician position will report to the designated Spares Supervisor and will be responsible for identifying spare parts, transacting parts into and out of inventory system, organizing and stocking parts in a variety of warehouse locations, transporting materials between warehouses, and interfacing directly with customers who are searching for parts. This person is expected to be able to execute against provided instructions from the Spares Supervisor to accurately identify spare parts, perform perfunctory data entry tasks, create locations and labels for bins, and meet deadlines. The Spares Technician is expected to be able to communicate daily progress and be proactive in driving continuous process improvements. Experience with material handling equipment and warehouse systems are preferred.
- Follow all safety rules and guidelines.
- Provide support to ALL Tesla production team members when spare parts are needed for equipment.
- Identify spare parts and track down part numbers if not obvious.
- Familiar with Excel and can maintain a spare parts list.
- Printing labels and creating bins.
- Accurately counting and organizing materials.
- Communicates daily results, ideas and problems to supervisor.
- Identify discrepant materials or components both in writing and verbally to supervisor.
- Complete tasks as directed by the supervisor’s schedules and within standard times.
- Efficiently organize and maintain an orderly work area
- High School diploma or equivalent. AS degree preferred.
- Packaging, stocking, shipping experience.
- Basic understanding of warehouse systems.
- Ability to use Excel.
- Must have command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Must be reliable, have good initiative, committed, and quality focused.
- Ability to perform repetitious duties while standing for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 30-50lbs on a daily basis.
- Ability to maintain a safe working environment.
Tesla believes in equal treatment and affirmative action and is committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, nationality, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to employing people with disabilities and making reasonable accommodations for them. Let your recruiter know if you need an adjustment at any point during the application process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this website, click here to download a free compatible screen reader(a free step-by-step how-to video is available here).
Along with competitive pay, as a full-time Tesla employee, you are eligible for the following benefits at day 1 of hire:
- Aetna PPO and HSA plans > 2 medical plan options with $0 payroll deduction
- Family-building, fertility, adoption and surrogacy benefits
- Dental (including orthodontic coverage) and vision plans, both have options with a $0 paycheck contribution
- Company Paid (Health Savings Account) HSA Contribution when enrolled in the High Deductible Aetna medical plan with HSA
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- LGBTQ+ care concierge services
- 401(k) with employer match, Employee Stock Purchase Plans, and other financial benefits
- Company paid Basic Life, AD&D, short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Sick and Vacation time (Flex time for salary positions), and Paid Holidays
- Back-up childcare and parenting support resources
- Voluntary benefits to include: critical illness, hospital indemnity, accident insurance, theft & legal services, and pet insurance
- Weight Loss and Tobacco Cessation Programs
- Tesla Babies program
- Commuter benefits
- Employee discounts and perks program
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $25.00 - $35.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person