Microbac Laboratories, Inc. is a premier commercial laboratory testing firm that partners with clients worldwide, offering laboratory solutions to the life science, food, and environmental industries.
We have exciting opportunities in our Microbiology laboratory in Sterling, VA for Associate Scientists who will assist with the administration of human clinical trials for a variety of commercial antimicrobial products. These are key roles that will have both administrative and sample testing responsibilities. This is a FULL-TIME position two shifts available, Thursday through Sunday or Saturday through Tuesday, working from 6am to 4:30pm, with 3 days off each week. Positions also offer full benefits, including health, dental, 401(k) and paid time off. Those interested should possess a degree in Microbiology or a related field of study, and possess strong interpersonal communication skills as these positions require working directly with human test subjects. Prior clinical microbiology experience desired but not required.
Under the general supervision of the Department Supervisor, Analysts work in an ISO 17025 accredited laboratory to ensure customer satisfaction through accurately and efficiently performing sample analysis, monitoring microbial cultures and identifying microbiological contaminants and pathogens using a variety of identification methods.
- Media preparation/sterilization Utilizing aseptic technique during sample preparation
- Pathogen analyses using primarily PCR methodology and other various pathogen detection methods
- Performing serial dilutions and enumerating various target microorganisms according to standard operating procedures
- Microbiological culture maintenance activities
- Reading Petri film and pour plates for various microbiological analyses
- Accurately documenting, recording and reviewing data using a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Maintenance and daily verification of laboratory instrumentation
- Strong communication skills are required
- Ability to accurately follow written and verbal instruction is required
- Ability to work well under pressure, in a fast paced environment, while maintaining a positive and enthusiastic attitude is a must
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment is required
- Position requires standing for extended periods of time
- Bachelor's degree in Microbiology, Biology or a related discipline is required
- Prior laboratory experience is required
- Experience in aseptic technique is required
Microbac is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Veteran Friendly Employer