Be...an Innovator, a Motivator, a Leader, a Team Player - Most of all, Be Baywood!
With our "It's My Pleasure!" philosophy we have become one of the Nation's fastest growing hotel development & management companies.
Join us as our Hotel Guest Service Agent/Front Desk at our TownePlace Suites located at 9620 Baltimore Ave. College Park, MD 20740 77-room property.
To complete application – Apply in person at 9020 Baltimore Ave. College Park, MD 20740 Monday - Friday between 10AM-2PM
Successful Candidate will be able to:
- Work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Previous hotel Front Desk experience preferred; however, ability gained through 1+ years related employment (customer service) or on-the-job training may substitute for actual Front Desk experience.
- Marriott and Fosse experience preferred
- Must possess excellent public relations skills and warm and friendly attitude
Summary: Ensures guest satisfaction by providing courteous and efficient service. Responsible for the accurate registration, posting of charges, and check-out of guests. Handles guest questions and concerns as required by management. Adheres to specific Brand Standards as required.
- Provides courteous guest service by responding promptly and efficiently to inquiries, requests, complaints, and by accurately processing guest mail and messages.
- Coordinates the delivery of guest services by other hotel departments and outside businesses.
- Processes all incoming and outgoing reservation and cancellation requests in a timely manner by mail, telephone, in person, and via the franchise system.
- Assists guests upon arrival and handles check-in procedures swiftly and accurately, as per brand and Baywood requirements.
- Handles check-out procedures swiftly and accurately and assists guests on departure.
- Maximizes room revenue and occupancy levels through suggestive selling for upsell potential as well as walk in guests.
- Has knowledge of marketing programs applicable to the hotel, local area, and all hotel functions and outlets, and properly presents the programs to guests.
- Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts, and other forms of credit. Operates the department’s cash register.
- Maintains information and communication sources such as, log book, franchise directories, checklists, and electronic communication.
- Operates PBX (switchboard) equipment to handle incoming calls, outgoing calls, wake up calls, do-not-disturbs and the paging of guests, as well as maintains guest and staff privacy and security.
- Operates the franchise terminal and performs designated maintenance tasks. Has understanding of in-house computers and monitors computer accuracy to ensure maximum occupancy.
- Maintains procedures for credit control and handling of financial transactions.
- Maintains procedures for security of monies, guest security and emergency procedures.
- Receives departmental-related guest complaints and ensures corrective action is taken. Completes brand specific log and follows brand protocol for guest complaints, including escalation to management if needed, and completed follow up.
- Performs other assignments as requested.
- Adheres to departmental communication through the effective use of staff meetings, log books, and bulletin boards.
- Audits all accounts to ensure they balance, to include such accounts as tray and city ledger, reservation deposits, credit card accounts, and room, food & beverage, and banquet charges.
- Transfers charges and deposits to master accounts.
- Closes necessary accounts at month end.
- Prepares final reports of all daily revenue summaries.
- Posts all room and tax revenues and late charges.
- Ensures all revenues, adjustments, taxes and gratuities are accurately distributed from POS system (at some properties)
- Operates and/or understands in-house computer systems.
- Maintains positive communication with accounting department.
- Follows all company policies and procedures as outlined in Policy Manual.
- Is skilled in and responsible for Life Safety Procedures and equipment.
- Participates (at some properties) in MOD schedule.
- Additional duties may be added at any time at the discretion of management.
Baywood Hotels is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Job Type: Full-time