- Manage and grow a fundraising portfolio of foundation donors to be defined with the Senior Director, Institutional Relations and Strategic -Funding and the Director, Institutional Relations. Responsibilities include identifying funding opportunities; communicating directly with foundation representatives to discuss potential requests; and preparation of grant proposals, applications, reports, budgets, correspondence and other written and financial materials.
- Manage stewardship of active grants in the fundraising portfolio as well as select program endowments.
- Participate in the ongoing expansion of the donor base at all levels through prospect identification, research and strategic cultivation/solicitation.
- Participate in developing fundraising strategy for the overall annual foundation goal as well as specific programs and projects.
- Work collaboratively with Programming, Finance, Accounting and Marketing colleagues to develop program descriptions, budgets and other materials as required for proposals and reports, and to share with Planning and Development colleagues.
- Represent Lincoln Center and/or the Planning and Development Department as needed, including assistance with special events.
- 3-5 years of experience in a fundraising department, preferably at an arts or cultural institution
- Demonstrated grant writing success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills; prior experience working with project budgets strongly preferred
- Capacity to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines consistently
- Ability to be self-directed and work independently in an extremely fast-paced work environment
- Working knowledge of foundation research resources
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Collaborative, flexible and positive work ethic
- Ability to work evening events periodically
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Please submit a resume and cover letter (with salary requirements and outlining your interest in Lincoln Center) to the email@example.com inbox. Submissions without cover letters will not be reviewed.
Manager, Institutional Relations in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resources Department directly.
Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. LCPA is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.