Cheddar is the leading post-cable news, media, and entertainment company and currently broadcasts two live video news networks: Cheddar, a business news network covering the most innovative executives, founders, products, and technologies transforming our lives and economy; and Cheddar Big News, a fast-paced, young, non-partisan general news and headline news network.
The company broadcasts from the trading floor of the New York Stock Exchange, its street level studio in the glass corner of the Sprint Store in the Flatiron Building, WeWork in Los Angeles, and the White House.
Cheddar was founded by Jon Steinberg, President and Chief Operating Officer of BuzzFeed from 2010 to 2014. Its investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Raine Ventures, Goldman Sachs, Liberty Global, Comcast Ventures, AT&T, Amazon, Antenna Group, Ribbit Capital, The New York Stock Exchange, Altice USA, 7 Global Capital, and Denstu Ventures.Cheddar is looking for an executive assistant and office manager to join our growing team! The individual in this role will manage Cheddar's Headquarters in New York and provide day-to-day administrative support to our CEO & Founder Jon Steinberg.
About This Role:
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with our CEO, as well as be instrumental in helping to plan and manage company events and activities and shape the overall office culture and vibe.
The ideal candidate for this position has exemplary organization and time management skills and can work in a fast-paced environment, making sure operations are consistently running smoothly and efficiently. Applicants must be proactive self-starters who are personable, efficient, and have the ability to wear many hats while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Manage Executive's calendar and schedule all internal and external meetings and conference calls.
- Book all travel and layout itineraries and agendas.
- Assist in setting up executive meetings and board meetings.
- Prepare monthly expense reports.
- Respond to emails and scheduling needs in early mornings, evenings, and weekends. Be responsive in a timely manner.
- Receive visitors at the front desk by greeting, welcoming, directing them appropriately.
- Track office inventory including snacks, office supplies, and company swag.
- Plan and organize company events and activities to shape company culture.
- Take part in office expansion discussions, and help to plan and coordinate any moves and logistics.
- Keep the office tidy, organized, and decluttered.
Our Benefits and Culture:
- 2-5 years prior office management and administrative experience.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask is a fast paced environment.
- Highly responsive to email, phone calls, and Slack.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to engage and communicate with individuals of all levels.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and professionalism at all times.
- Proficient with Keynote, Microsoft Office, and Google Apps.
The Cheddar team moves at lightning speed and our employees have the opportunity to make an extraordinary impact. We are growing fast and achieving milestones every day. Our team is direct, relentless, ethical, proactive, and different. All of our full time employees receive a competitive compensation and benefits package, which includes stock options, health, dental, and vision insurance, disability and life insurance, 401K, discounted gym membership, commuter benefits, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, team events, happy hours, and more.
Cheddar is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate an inclusive workplace that celebrates diversity. We welcome all candidates and are committed to hiring people with a wide variety of experiences and backgrounds. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.